Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark. View Post
Blackfrost
50 moons • RiverClan warrior • she/her
long-furred, mostly black tortoiseshell she-cat with sharp blue eyes

With one final heave, Blackfrost hauled Roseshard through the medicine den entrance. She dropped his limp form to the floor without ceremony — she could feel every step she'd taken to get here, deep in her bones.

"Mistyshard," she called, more breathily than usual, "We have a head trauma. Fell out of a tree chasing a squirrel... or something." She exhaled heavily and sat down. She screwed her eyes shut and thought longingly of her nest in the warriors den. Yet she knew she was a long way off from sleep.

"He was showing some confusion, and then fell unconscious again. I dragged him all the way back and he didn't even twitch." Dead weight, that's what he was. That of a full grown warrior who Blackfrost had just had to drag halfway across the territory, on her own. She had thought to run for help, but she didn't know how critical Roseshard's condution was, and she really wasn't the gambling type when it came to the lives of her clanmates.

"Do you need me for anything? Clarification... or... or, uh, questions..." Her vision went dark and swam like a river. She knew that wasn't good, especially already sitting down. She took a deep breath and waited it out. "I think I'll be needing something to eat," she admitted to no one in particular. The thought reminded her of the prey Roseshard had left, and she held back a sigh thinking of the trip to fetch it.
|| @starry @MockingRabbit ||
Awaking in the medicine den felt perfectly natural to Roseshard. It was like he had done it every day for his entire life. The dappled light, the musty scent of moss and herbs, the sting of wounds.
It was only when he noticed that his wounds were wrong -different, that he realised not where, but when he was.
These weren't the deep gashes that clear-stone and claws had left over his face and flank, all those seasons ago. These were new and raw, instead of healed over. There was a throbbing in his head, behind his ear that been there, then. And though he could feel all those scrapes and bruises, none of them raised a mouse-tail in comparison.

Already though, it felt better than when he had woken by the tree; his thoughts clearer.

He noticed a presence nearby. Looking over, he saw Blackfrost, looking totally bedraggled and exhausted. Horror rose like bile in his throat as he realised she must have carried him all the way. He felt an urge to apologise to her. It had been a stupid mistake to go after that squirrel. It had cost him a headache, and her an even bigger one.
And he hadn't even caught it, for StarClan's sake.
"I'm so sorry," he mewed, voice huskier than usual. He knew how tricky it was to carry dead-weight, but she had managed it across the territory! "I was stupid."
@Starry

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch