View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2017, 04:47 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: Fennec's Hideaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam View Post
Fennec stayed still and scanned the forest, hoping to spot a tuft of fur or s twig if a whisker that indicated another cat was near. His ears pricked and swiveled as he caught the slightest sound of someone talking, it was very faint and muffled so he couldn't hear what they were saying, but he knew it was another being talking. But we're they talking tosomeone? Fennec passed forward a few more paces, nose twitching to try and catch a stronger hint. He furrowed his brown and slowly sat down, his dark gaze looking straight towards where the voice was.

Then he saw it: a shape bobbing towards him. It was definitely the cat, judging by the way it was running. Although, the cat's head was severed to look behind itself. Fennec blinked and leaned forward. Why was this cat running? It's not like Fennec was chasing it, anyways. The thought of fighting creeping into his mind. If he wanted to, he could try and "intercept" the cat and tell it to stay out of his area. He pushed the thought aside: maybe this cat needed something else.

Fennec tensed as the other cat grew closer and closer. he narrowed his eyes for a second, why wasn't this cat looking at where she was going? She was going to run right into him. Wait: she was going to run right into him Fennec tried to scramble away as the cat skidded on the dirt. He became Off balance, and the cat knocked right into him. His chest/shoulder area right below his neck emitted a flare of pain as the cat ran into him. Fennec have a surprised gasp and he was knocked backwards, his legs scrabbling for a hold on the dirt. Fennec ended up on his side, upwardly supported by his paw while the place where the cat hit him throbbed silently. He gritted his teeth to clinch out the momentary pain.

He looked back at the cat, who seemed to have hit him with her head. "Nice entrance." He coughed, steadily trying to regain a sitting position, A small smirk-like smile appeared on his face "instead of running in, you know, You could've walked."
Everything was coming quite clearly now, and what Timid thought she was running from, she was running into. The small she cat brought her head up, analyzing her surroundings. ''...Where am I...?'' She wasn't really asking anyone in particular. Though she was still confused about everything around her. One moment she was hunting--which was a complete fail. The next thing, she was running from a ''loud voice'', only to find herself further than where she liked to been. Timid scrambled to her paws, blinking her eyes steadily as she looked around. The golden colored cat turned to the voice.

His voice had frightened her. She didn't know he was right there. The she cat tilted her head slightly, an obvious smile on her maw. She was still quite unsure, and her ears pinned flat to her head at realizing what he had said. Timid was a sweet girl. She hardly caused any harm, and she never tried to in the first place. ''I-I d-din-didn't m-mean it.'' She stammered, panting slightly. This was new land to her. The scent was remarkably different than where she came from. Very beautiful. Not shady, or dark like back in the Syndicate. Not dried up grass,or gloomy skies. Nature looked as if it were singing--funny thing, right? Nature singing? That was an exaggeration, but all Timid knew; it was pretty here.

''S-s-sor-sorry.'' She stuttered, clamping her maw shut. She could feel her slight shivers taking over whenever she was in the presence of another cat. She was afraid that they might hurt her. And, though the tom didn't look that much older than her, Timid had been wrong before. Even some of the youngest cats could hurt her. Yet, they all had been training to become fighters, and her path was chosen. It came to pass that she would be a hunter. The she cat wrapped her tail around herself, thinking it would be the only thing that protected her. ''I was chasing after a bird.'' Her voice was soft, delicate as she spoke without any interruptions. ''...I think I lost it.'' That was obvious that she did, and she felt stupid for voicing it aloud. But, the only thing she wanted right now? Was to stay alive in this situation. Timid didn't trust cats easily, and she had her reasons not to.