Old November 3rd, 2022, 10:04 AM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: October Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkclaws View Post
Darkpaw

With a defeated sigh, Darkpaw briefly glanced at the she-cat ”I figured that’d be the case.” Though he was quite embarrassed from being called out in that manner, he was happy to have someone to talk to while at the gathering. He was especially glad to be able to joke around with someone else like this, even if this time it came at his own expense. Oh she will rue the day she made a fool of him! Next time, he was going to be the one to come out victorious!

Darkpaw sat in silence for a moment after Larkpaw finished talking, taking a moment longer to look at the starry sky. Though he had originally meant to use them as a diversion tactic, the silver-dotted expanse of darkness above them did indeed look beautiful this evening. ”It’s my second one,” the dark tom mewed ”Gathering that is, last time I didn’t really talk to anyone,” he admitted. Turning to his companion, he gave her a legitimate smile. Not one forced or with any hidden motives behind it, one that was sincere and honest. ”Thank you for sitting here with me tonight,” he said, voice rumbling in a deep purr. ”Perhaps I did mention the stars to change the subject, perhaps I didn’t. You’ll never know,” he playfully told the grey she-cat. This was nice. Being able to relax and enjoy the company of another clanmate while at a gathering with so many other cats around, it was as if everyone else around them didn’t exist and it was just the two apprentices taking a moment to enjoy the other’s company.
Larkpaw

An incredelous eyebrow rose as her companion spoke, but Lark kept silent until he'd finished speaking. 'You'll never know.' He'd said. But Larkpaw waited a little while longer before talking. Because after all, she wasn't much of a talker unless she had something to say. “You're welcome.” The lithe grey female said finally, returning Darkpaw's smile with a genuine one of her own. Her tone was a little odd, but given the fact that Larkpaw was not used to being thanked for such little things, she didn't think much of it.

“Are you feeling inspired by the stars, Darkpaw?” She could not help asking this in a solemn tone, hiding a small grin. For some reason —possibly that of being a younger sister— his standoffish façade made her want to poke at him until she got a reaction. It was about this time that Lark seemed to notice that the crowd around her was considerably thinning. “Oh, is the Gathering over?” She asked, tail brushing against the ground as she rose to her paws. “We'd best be on our way then.”

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.