View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2018, 04:42 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
Daydream choked on another sob. how was she so comfortable with this? with dying? didnt she have anything else to live for? for them? but they knew deep down she physically couldnt live. she couldnt. she was dying minute by minute, more and more time was being wasted and they werent doing anything. she had done so much for them, yet they couldnt find it in them to accept this death. they had seen countless cats die, hell, they had watched cats die at the cost of their own claws. but this was different. this was their mother.

It felt every time they let in a gulp of air their wind pipe vibrated, still full of water. Daypaw couldnt describe it, it was the weirdest feeling in the entire time they were alive. It was the same kind of peacefulness they felt went in the dark water. the same feeling that they belong. Suddenly, their lungs contracted, heaving forward and vomiting every last bit of water they had in their lungs. No food had come up. They hadnt eaten. Lying there, they thought they were going to die. They thought the last thing they were see was the image of the cold, dry Riverclan floor because they were too late for themselves. But their body felt like it was glowing, pain starting to eb away as quickly as it came, they couldnt explain it. They thought they were simply going numb but it didnt have that same bitter cold feeling. It felt warm. Once dragged to Cricketpaws nest they could smell her familiar old scent still on the moss. They could feel Geckoleafs soothing words hum in their ears. They tried to sit up, eyes set on the door,"M-my patients I-" but they fell against the nest with another huff. Their mind was swirling. They could still hear the screams of cats who couldnt make it. They could still hear the boom of the thunder above them and how it rattled under their paws, shaking the ground and their chest. They could remember the lightning, how it flashed infront of their eyes like white fire. They could remember the water again. It was so loud, clashing against the hill. The small as Daypaw hit it and the coolness around their body. Daypaw cried. They hadnt cried in so long, they couldnt remember when they let it all out. It seemed to all build up in their head. The nightmares. The lack of sleep. The exhaustion. The hate they received for their gender. The lack of eating. The weakness in their body. No parents. No support. No mentor. No shoulder to cry on. Their father dying. Their mother not there. No loved ones who understood. No Cricketpaw. Cricketpaw. Cricketpaw. Daypaw wished they died. they wouldnt feel like this anymore. They sobbed, letting tears streak down their cheeks and onto the ground. Their lungs heaved, still sensitive. Everytime Daypaw caught their breath they let out another sob. Its as if this was all pent up for years and years coming. "I w-wanted t-to die Ge-cko," their voice cracked, followed along by another sob. They could barely catch their breath between sobs.They had the chance. They let go. They were saved. they were so close. so close.

they could remember being on the brink of death and being brought back. they could remember not wanting to live anymore. they wanted to through it all away, but geckoleaf had changed that. they had made their life so much bright, so much happier. and then she left. but they were never angry. they understood. they understood the emotional toll and why someone would leave during battle. they understood a persons mind set. and she was here now, this time it was her gasping for breath, trying to let go. daydream wouldnt let her, they couldnt. she didnt let them go, how could they let her? to let her die in vein? she could have a life to live. she could be a true mother, a warrior. daydream would drop everything to be with her. they would leave their clan, their home, their den, their rank if it meant they could wake up in the same clan as geckoleaf everyday. they took in a shaky breath.

"I want you alright. I want you to live for me. I want to wake up and see you everyday. you are the only cat ive ever truly known, the only cat ive cared to know. youre my mother, my everything, and the least i can do is give you the strength to live, as you did me once." their voice was still shaky and they tilted their head comfortable as geckoleaf groomed it. it felt so familiar. it hurt that this would be the last time. they wanted to scream into the sky and cry, but they remained some what composed.

this was it.
A flash of a future she could have had whipped through her mind. Mistfall by her side, helping her to train and learn to become a warrior, no matter how much she disliked fighting and hurting others. Somehow, kits; a family of her own. She could've, in her spare time, helped Juniper learn how to heal. But, forefront in her mind, was Daydream. Daydream was in every scene; Daydream would help deliver her kits, Daydream would spar with her, Daydream would teach Juniperpaw right alongside her.

But of course, that was a daydream in and of itself. For her to live, StarClan would have to grant her a miracle. It wasn't that miracles didn't happen; Geckoleaf knew that they did. But it was that she already had hers, golden and glowing, right here with her.

"Tell Mistfall I love her; really, really love her... tell Juni... tell her..."she paused, gasping for breath, her sides shaking violently. "tell her that she's her own being..." Another spasm ran down her sides, musles trying desperately to get in another death.

"Daydream... you'll do great things. You'll be more than I ever was. I want... want so badly... to live for you... live with you... treat yourself well, my sunshine..."

A pause. She could feel herself slipping, her body giving up, pain burning her sides and throat. But she pushed herself, locking eyes with her child, her kitten, her only, and just stared, wishing she had more time. It shouldn't have been like this; and she knew that in some other universe, it wasn't. She was healthy and happy and rejoicing to be reunited with her family. But apparently, luck didn't favor the old.

"I love you."

It happened so fast. A flash of golden light, a scent of sweet, herb-laced fur, and then stillness.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending