View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2018, 03:48 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
"Daydream, its daydream." they mewed softly, sitting down and resting around her. well, more like curling around her, trying to keep her warm from the snow. they were a medicine cat. they knew what the signs were of someone dying. they had lost patients before, but it stung every time. this would break them. they didnt want them to go, they didnt want her to leave. this was unfair! why them ? why did starclan have to take everything thy loved away? what did they do to deserve this? that didnt matter. they wanted to be angry, but they couldnt. right now, they were going to be there for her. there were no herbs they could use to stop her from what was going to happen, no matter how much they tried.

"I'll always believe in you. I always have." they spoke quietly. geckoleaf was the only cat they had ever confided in, the only cat that saw them cry. the only cat they ever called their mother, their family. they had no one left. they had never felt so small in this big, scary world. they didnt want to face it alone. they wanted her. they wanted geckoleaf, their mama. the bitter cold and snow seemed to numb them as all of their attention was on her. how she seemed so tired to even be awake. she was in pain with every breath that she took. they let a few tears fall down their face.

"You always told me I had something to live for, dream for. so i chose that suffix." they explained. while their dreams were ridden with nightmares, geckoleaf had made them dream. she had given them hope, something that was lost before they were even appointed. they would dream for her.

"Is there anything i can do? i dont think any cobwebs are around, but i can run fast to my herb store if im quick enough-" they were trembling now, knowing her time was running up. grasping for any type of resistance, delay to her death. they werent going to accept it, they didnt want to. moons ago, they had been sharing a nest together, training together. they didnt want that to end.

"I want you to live for me, as i lived for you."
A smile made the edges of her lips quiver upwards, though she resisted the urge and saved her energy for speaking.

"I... had... help..."she said in response, every words labored, each inhale becoming harder. Her sides shook and spasmed slightly as she tried to breathe. But her eyes were locked on her child; she didn't want to let go. She remembered life before them. No purpose without Cricketpaw to look after. Only herbs and healing, without emotion behind it. But Daydream had changed that. They'd changed everything.

"I left... shouldn't have left... I missed you, Daydream..."she whispered, quietly, nestling her nose into their fur. Geckoleaf didn't know what to say; she could only leave a few words and actions with her child.

She knew it would cost her time, but she pulled her head up, laboriously, every muscle straining against her, and began to, very slowly, groom Daydream's fur. Every since she'd curled around Day in her nest in RiverClan, after the flood, she'd been grooming them, cleaning them, always trying to make sure that her young one looked their best. It had always been like a ritual between them.

Her tongue rasped over the fur a few times, and then she let her head rest their, absorbing the warmth of the enby's body. A few words floated to her from the past, and they seemed to fit.

"Daydream... Sweet one... I'm here. I'll be alright... Don't you worry; everthing will turn out... turn out fine. These injuries... They won't hamper me for much longer. I promise on every star in the sky that my pain... You take my pain away." She'd said these words before, but the ending hadn't been her's, but the close to someone else's story.

"It's not so bad.... These are... Shallow cuts. Can't you see that? A poultice of lily petals and rose blossoms are all you need to heal me, my little one. Chamomile and poppy to sleep.... In the morning, we'll be alright." What she didn't say was that those were herbs ceremonially used in burials; but Daydream would know.

(post i got the words from. you'll understand; http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...postcount=1655)

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending