View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2018, 03:25 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

"Day." One word from her broken body; one word she'd hoped to say again. The only word that mattered.

The purring from her child seemed to ripple through her body; it was so powerful that she thought maybe, by some miracle, StarClan had taken her own gift of healing and given it to one who could use it. But it didn't dull the pain of the lacerations down her side, and the one on her neck that had narrowly missed killing her.

Geckoleaf raised her own blue orbs to meet Day's deep golden ones; they were so choked with emotion that she could barely make out anything. Love, pain, relief, longing, maybe even anger. But it didn't matter.

"You're so big..." she choked out, feeling old as soon as she said it. "You're so beautiful, my sunshine. My rainbow... my dream..."her voice trailed off, eyes unfocusng slightly, though she noticed it and attempted to regain attention.

"I'm going to miss so much.. you're first apprentice... your patients... your life." The words tumbled out now; so much to say. So much emotion and love and regret, but she'd be gone soon.

"Day...paw? I know you don't believe in Starclan... but... can you believe in me? Oh, little one... I left you..."she paused, watching them for a moment, trying to soak up their features; their chipped ear, the scar down one side of their face that she knew was from the flood.

"But... please... just believe that i won't leave you again... ever," she whispered, trying to crane her neck up to nuzzle their cheek, though failing as her muscles refused to listen, pain shooting through her emaciated form.
"Daydream, its daydream." they mewed softly, sitting down and resting around her. well, more like curling around her, trying to keep her warm from the snow. they were a medicine cat. they knew what the signs were of someone dying. they had lost patients before, but it stung every time. this would break them. they didnt want them to go, they didnt want her to leave. this was unfair! why them ? why did starclan have to take everything thy loved away? what did they do to deserve this? that didnt matter. they wanted to be angry, but they couldnt. right now, they were going to be there for her. there were no herbs they could use to stop her from what was going to happen, no matter how much they tried.

"I'll always believe in you. I always have." they spoke quietly. geckoleaf was the only cat they had ever confided in, the only cat that saw them cry. the only cat they ever called their mother, their family. they had no one left. they had never felt so small in this big, scary world. they didnt want to face it alone. they wanted her. they wanted geckoleaf, their mama. the bitter cold and snow seemed to numb them as all of their attention was on her. how she seemed so tired to even be awake. she was in pain with every breath that she took. they let a few tears fall down their face.

"You always told me I had something to live for, dream for. so i chose that suffix." they explained. while their dreams were ridden with nightmares, geckoleaf had made them dream. she had given them hope, something that was lost before they were even appointed. they would dream for her.

"Is there anything i can do? i dont think any cobwebs are around, but i can run fast to my herb store if im quick enough-" they were trembling now, knowing her time was running up. grasping for any type of resistance, delay to her death. they werent going to accept it, they didnt want to. moons ago, they had been sharing a nest together, training together. they didnt want that to end.

"I want you to live for me, as i lived for you."