View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

Juniperpaw couldn't help but roll her eyes. Her patience was running short with Rainpelt. ``This must be very hard on you, but I'm not playing a practical joke. If it makes you feel better, I can run a quick physical check, but all the signs point directly towards pregnancy.`` The young medicine cat didn't see how kits were a bad thing. Rainpelt's reaction, to her, seemed completely ridiculous and unnecessary. Kits were a blessing, after all, and deserved to be treated as such. The mottled 'paw suddenly remembered that it was leaf-bare, which wasn't always the ideal time for queens to be expecting. Why is it that queens seem to prefer to have kits in leaf-bare? Juniperpaw's had to deal with more expecting mothers during the cold season than she expected.
@Deranged Llama @Suspiciousmindz
(I'm gonna get just a little bit dark here. Buckle up!)

Rainpelt stared at the young medicine cat, her eyes darting frantically to search for something, anything. An escape? She couldn't be pregnant. She couldn't have half-clan kits. She couldn't let the one time she broke the warrior code mar her for life in the form of a kit becoming a clanmate that she would see every single day. She looked at Juniperpaw again with a desperation she never knew she could feel so strongly. "Can't you... Isn't there something you can give me for this? Like an herb? Something that can... take care of this?" She asked. Shame set upon her the instant the question was out of her mouth. The only thing she could add by way of explanation was, "I can't be pregnant, Juniperpaw. I can't!"