View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2018, 07:08 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

Juniperpaw was silent for a moment, debating how she would get her point across to the hard-headed feline. Rainpelt didn't seem like the type who wanted a family, but then again, Juniperpaw didn't personally know the she-cat. The medicine cat began, ``Er, no, I mean...`` Juniperpaw trailed off and inhaled heavily, preparing herself for a verbal attack. ``Unless you'd call kits parasites.`` She shrugged casually as if the situation was no big deal. Juniperpaw wondered if these kits would have a positive future with Rainpelt as their mother. She hoped the warrior would take on a more motherly role and adopt a maternal instinct.
@Deranged Llama @Suspiciousmindz
(Getting this thing rolling and giving you a peek into the progress).

Rainpelt froze, eyes widening as she grasped what Juniperpaw was getting at. Kits? Kits!? All her life she had been loyal and dutiful to Riverclan. She had obeyed the warrior code and done everything that was expected of her. She had spent her life miserable about having the the body that she had, the body of a shecat, but she had grit her teeth and served her clan with honor in spite of all of that. And the one time she's with a tom, the one time she broke the warrior code by not driving him off Riverclan territory like she should have, she ends up with kits? Half-clan kits?! Her stomach roiled afresh. She already felt like a freak walking around in this shecat skin. Now she'd have to feel young kits inside her, feel her body change and swell to accommodate their bodies, push them out of her, feed them milk from her body. She wouldn't have a prayer of her clanmates thinking of her as anything but a shecat. She'd have month and months to feel how very wrong every part of her Starclan-cursed body was. "No. I can't be pregnant," the warrior said, shock in her voice. She met Juniperpaw's eyes and for once, hers weren't cold and sure, they were desperate and pleading. "There must be some kind of mistake. I can't be pregnant." And just like that, the pleading dissolved and anger took its place, "How can you even think that without so much as examining me?" she asked, the hackles on her neck raising as her ears flattened against her head.