View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2018, 05:51 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: Starwatcher's Cave [Request]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deranged Llama View Post
Jasper, a dark grey furred tom cat, padded between two jutting rocks that towered over the small feline. Beside him traveled a pale orange she-cat who looked dead on her paws. Weariness tagged at both of them, and needed rest badly. A few moments later, the two cats found themselves at the mouth of what seemed to be a tunnel. Deciding to risk a peek inside, Jasper peered in and began to walk inside. As his eyes adjusted, he realized he was in a gloomy, dark looking cave. He couldn't see to the end. "H-hello?" He called out, curiosity and nervousness pricking along his spine. Emesee, the female, followed her brother with heavy paws. They had been traveling for quite a long time, and she would be grateful for any place to stay the evening, even if it was this dark, scary looking hole. She stuck closer to Jasper than a pebble on the bank, her pale blue orbs glowing fully as she looked around. @Mauve

It had been moons since noise other than water droplets or tumbling pebbles had reached Starwatcher's ears. Their acute hearing had grown accustomed to the traditional sounds that their cave home produced, and anything that didn't fit into the category of water splashing or rocks scraping instantly set them on edge. Instantly, they would assume the worst; some cat from ShadowClan had figured out they were still alive and had come seeking revenge... or a deadly rogue who knew of their disability and was here to drive them away from their beloved home. Even though it was dark and dreary, and full of despair, Starwatcher had made this cave their home - and unwelcome sounds would be met accordingly.

"I'd suggest you turn around now before I rip your scrawny pelts to shreds," they growled from where they sat on a high rock. With their smokey pelt, Starwatcher tended to blend into the rocky scenery in the cave, the darkness aiding them in hiding. They liked it that way - the darkness. It would force any trespassers into their world - one where their sense of sight was stripped from them. It made them feel powerful, alive even, to know that this created an even playing field, one where they had the upper claw. Slowly, Starwatcher rose to their full height - a rather large, bulky feline - and stared down at the newcomers. They couldn't see them, but by the scent and pair of pawsteps alone, they knew there were two. A low growl began to rumble in their chest as they unsheathed their claws, ready to defend their home.