Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2017, 09:15 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
¨its daydream.¨ they mewed. they stayed silent for a moment after that. when they thought about it, their name was somewhat of a mockery. they barely slept as it was, much less have good dreams. but that was only the pessimist side of their name, with daypaw-,no,daydream was. they decided to look on the bright side of things for once. ¨i dont know what my suffix truly means to my personality, but i like it i suppose.¨ i wish geckoleaf couldve given it to me. they thought lingered in their head bitterly. would gecko given them a different name? would she have given them something different? their mind went in all directions until they shook their head slightly, looking at the two medcat infront of them. ¨does this mean i have to train two newbies now?¨ they mewed jokingly. surprising, considered daydream never made jokes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@Charmer @woly

Juniperpaw didn't think the suffix `-dream` fit the ShadowClan medicine cat too much - personality-wise, that is, but she wasn't about to complain. Daydream was a very handsome name, after all. It made Juniperpaw wonder what her full name will be, but then she reminded herself that she was far off from earning that name. Casting a glance at Shinefang who had awoken and congratulated Daydream, Juniperpaw found herself bouncing towards the elder tom and greeting him by brushing against him. ``Yeah, Daypaw- Daydream, congratulations!``

It seemed like Daydream was zoning off and Juniperpaw was about to bring them back to reality, but then the ShadowClan cat shook their head and said something that would shock Juniperpaw for eternity. From beside Shinefang, her jaw dropped, and she stared at Daydream through wide, surprised eyes. After a few moments where Juniperpaw tried to absorb what happened, she meowed cautiously, ``Did you just... did you just tell a joke?``
Shinefang's whisker's gave a twitch of amusement at Daydream's remark. "Yeah you can start by teaching me what herbs to use on my old joints to make them less stiff in cold weather. Otherwise trekking out here once a moon all leafbare is gonna be a pain in the tail. That stuff I don't know all that much about. I can heal battle wounds at least." Shinefang turned to Juniperpaw, "And if Daydream doesn't mind letting me share in your training, I'd be happy to teach you what I know about that." Shinefang looked back up at Daydream. The enby should have a say in this as well, especially if they were stepping into the mentor role for the younger cat. "So, Daydream," he said, switching subjects, "Got any magic words to make me official?"