View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2017, 02:17 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
Sprawled onto her side, the elder's tail whipped violently back in forth in anticipation of pain. It hurt so bad sometimes, she had barely been able to move from her own nest. Apprentice's constantly feeding and grooming her? It just wasn't the quality of life she had wanted for herself.A long sigh left her lungs as Juniperpaw began to press at her stomach, her eyes wearily focused on the younger cat.

Nothing there.... Nothing there...

Phantomwhisper jolted as Juniperpaw connected with a spot located right below her thigh. The fur on her spine lifted. Gritting her teeth, she held back a pained yowl, her paws locked in a spasm that caused her claws to sheathe and unsheathe repeatedly. "Right there!" She whined quietly.
Juniperpaw was quick to pull back, staring blankly at the spot that had brought indescribable pain to Phantomwhisper. She couldn't find anything odd about that certain area; at least, nothing visible... Juniperpaw froze as a thought suddenly pierced her, I'll have to help end another cat's misery. Sure, it was often something others would be happy to do - ending anothers' misery, that is, but not when it meant killing them. Well, some cats would like to do that. Some cats would appreciate murder, but Juniperpaw wasn't one of them.

Juniperpaw felt tears lace her eyes, and she cleared her throat while whipping around and pacing towards her herb store in an attempt to hide her fear and pain. She had to be strong for her patients, whether they be defenseless kits, tired elders, or even capable warriors. It was Juniperpaw's duty as a medicine cat to be strong for her clanmates, even if she was only still a kit just out of the nursery. Blinking the wetness from her dark green eyes, Juniperpaw dug through the herbs that were nameless to her having not learned their names or their uses. She pretended to be searching for something when in reality she was only buying herself some time to figure out how to break the news to Phantomwhisper. Juniperpaw could not help her.

Finally, Juniperpaw spun around. Her eyes were soft and inviting, and a weak smile could be found on her face. ``Phantomwhisper...`` The young feline paused, doubting herself and what she was going to say. Perhaps if she'd trained harder she would have the ability to save Phantomwhisper? Maybe if she'd accepted Daydream offer to check in on her every other day then these deaths wouldn't of happened, or wouldn't happen? Juniperpaw just felt as if she could've done so much more. ``I'm sorry. I- I can't do anything to help you.``