View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2017, 05:19 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@king kaleb! @Charmer

Juniperpaw froze briefly at the mention of loss, remembering the young kit and old she-cat that she'd had to end the misery of. She remembered the heartbreaking expressions on the family members' faces as they begged her for another solution. Unfortunately, Juniperpaw did not have the knowledge - beyond deathberries, of course - to save her own clanmates from death. She had failed at her duty as a medicine cat which brought her to doubt her role in her own clan. After all, whats the difference between a knowledge-lacking medicine cat and no medicine cat? Either way, nobody can treat anyone. But, hearing Shinefang gently yet firmly scold Daydream, Juniperpaw knew she'd have to endure the great loss that came with the role of medicine cat. She intended to look at the brighter side... eventually, when she could actually help cats instead of letting them die at her own paws.

She pulled away slightly to observe Nightpaw's work, brightening in approval at the sight and flashing the warrior apprentice an encouraging smile. Juniperpaw, despite feeling great amounts of pain mentally, could always be counted on to remain cheery for others. Looking to Shinefang to see where he was, she discovered he was already approaching her with prepared herbs. Juniperpaw stepped out of the older tom's way, joining Nightpaw's side and nudging the other apprentice to indicate that she could stop now. The wounds looked well-cared for. ``Good job, Nightpaw, you're practically a medicine cat yourself!`` Juniperpaw teased, flicking Nightpaw's side with her tail.

She then directed her attention to Shinefang's work. ``Burdock root, right? It's supposed to prevent infection, I think. Daydream showed me it back when they were in RiverClan, during the flood.`` Juniperpaw knew a few herbs, such as burdock root and tansy and, of course, the basics like cobwebs and poppy seeds. And, yes, she knew all about the berries whose name were in her own name, juniper berries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
the glare daydream was giving shinefang were as if he were an enemy,tail lashing from side to side. they knew he was right, they knew that juniper were right, but they just couldnt admit that. they never liked to admit that they needed help, it just wasnt in their vocabulary. despite their aggressive attitude, they stood still obediently, raising their head slightly so shinefang could take a better look at their neck wounds. they knew geckoleaf would scold them for doing something like this, going back to their old ways and not caring for themself, but they couldnt help it, there were so many cats that needed help, that it was hard to focus. but daydream stayed quiet, because they knew they were in the wrong. they old let out small hisses here and there when feeling herbs pressed into their wounds. ¨burdock roots are good to sooth the wound, dried oak leaves are good to prevent-¨ they paused, letting out a small hiss as more herb were placed on them,¨infection. dock is also good for that aswel.¨ they explained, they wanted to be of some use in the moment.
Nightpaw mrrowed softly with laughter as Juniperpaw praised her work cleaning the injuries. "Ah thanks," she said, echoing the teasing manner in which the Riverclan cat had praised her. But on the inside, she was beaming after the compliment and ecstatic that she'd been able to help Daydream in some way.

"Close Junebug. It won't just prevent infections. It cures them too. When I was a new warrior, my brother Yellowfoot thought it would be a good idea to meddle with a rats nest in an abandoned twoleg place in our old territory. The mousebrain got himself bitten by a rat. Ever seen the inside of a rat's mouth? They're filthy creatures. The medicine cat at the time treated him with burdock root when he didn't go to get the wound checked right away and spiked a fever. If it can handle infections from rat bites, it won't so much as let an infection get near Daydream. When Shinefang glanced up at the Shadowclan medicine cat's face, the younger cat was seething with hatred. Truth be told, Shinefang didn't like to be told what to do either, and he might have felt the same hostility if her were in their paws. But there was no way he was telling them that. "Bite me, and I'll bite back," he warned in a low murmur.

"What did you say?" Nightpaw said, getting to her feet. The black shecat's tail gave a lash as she looked at the Skyclan medicine cat in a way that wasn't exactly angry, but more like surprise that was just beginning to bud into anger.

"Stand down," Shinefang ordered, his voice slipping seamlessly into that of a patrol leader commanding the respect of the warriors he led. "Do I look like I'm in any shape for a brawl?"

Nightpaw looked at Daydream, her tail still twitching with agitation as if unsure what she should be doing. But ultimately, she didn't move. The old tom was trying to help. She just didn't like him talking to Daydream like that.

As he continued to apply the herb, the Shadowclan cat began listing herbs to help with wounds. "Mmmhmm," he said, a little pleased with himself when he noticed he knew all of those. Treating wounds was one area he was very well versed in. But he suspected that the herb lists were not so much for his benefit as Daydream's. The Shadowclan cat had already had to be told what to do, which he suspected they didn't like, and scolded, which no cat liked. "What's good for bellyache?" he asked. "I had a kit in here a couple of nights ago complaining of one but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to help. I thought she'd eaten bad freshkill so I gave her yarrow to make her vomit. Then I tried giving her a couple of petals from a yellow flower up on my shelf there. I don't think that did anything." Having finished with the herbs, the Skyclan tom backed up. "Alright, you're all finished. You can have Geckoleaf check you out when you drop off Junebug though if you'd fee better with more practiced paws doublechecking my work."