View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2017, 05:58 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

@king kaleb! @Charmer

Juniperpaw froze briefly at the mention of loss, remembering the young kit and old she-cat that she'd had to end the misery of. She remembered the heartbreaking expressions on the family members' faces as they begged her for another solution. Unfortunately, Juniperpaw did not have the knowledge - beyond deathberries, of course - to save her own clanmates from death. She had failed at her duty as a medicine cat which brought her to doubt her role in her own clan. After all, whats the difference between a knowledge-lacking medicine cat and no medicine cat? Either way, nobody can treat anyone. But, hearing Shinefang gently yet firmly scold Daydream, Juniperpaw knew she'd have to endure the great loss that came with the role of medicine cat. She intended to look at the brighter side... eventually, when she could actually help cats instead of letting them die at her own paws.

She pulled away slightly to observe Nightpaw's work, brightening in approval at the sight and flashing the warrior apprentice an encouraging smile. Juniperpaw, despite feeling great amounts of pain mentally, could always be counted on to remain cheery for others. Looking to Shinefang to see where he was, she discovered he was already approaching her with prepared herbs. Juniperpaw stepped out of the older tom's way, joining Nightpaw's side and nudging the other apprentice to indicate that she could stop now. The wounds looked well-cared for. ``Good job, Nightpaw, you're practically a medicine cat yourself!`` Juniperpaw teased, flicking Nightpaw's side with her tail.

She then directed her attention to Shinefang's work. ``Burdock root, right? It's supposed to prevent infection, I think. Daydream showed me it back when they were in RiverClan, during the flood.`` Juniperpaw knew a few herbs, such as burdock root and tansy and, of course, the basics like cobwebs and poppy seeds. And, yes, she knew all about the berries whose name were in her own name, juniper berries.

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; December 7th, 2017 at 05:59 PM.