View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2017, 01:45 AM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Default Re: Did Thistleclaw deserve to go to the Dark Forest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad King View Post

i believe it was revealed in crookedstar's promise!

i don't really consider the dark forest training to be a viable reason to send someone there, given a lot of cats in the series did the same -- it's more likely he was sent there for killing a cat while training there (don't remember where it was shown but i believe the cat was houndtooth) and also condoning the harm of a kit (scourge). while all trespassers should be challenged, it was out of line for him to let tigerpaw attack him (and more so to be willing to let him severely injure him.)
I just bought Crooked's Promise! And that's a fair assessment. Bramblestar was previously in the DF as well, but retained a Leader (with 9 nines granted) status. My perspective on it, as far as Thistle and Blue; Blue redeemed herself while Thistle never did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
there was also the whole situation with spottedleaf, which was.. disturbing, even if realistic for cats, as they're essentially humans as they're written in the books.
Yeaaaaaaah, that's generally my viewpoint as well. While realistically a cat at 6 months old has reached sexual maturity, it's painted in the books like apprentices are child/teenage aged due to their humanization. Also a fun fact, apprentices are actually the same size,
of not a bit smaller, than their mentors due to them being a "full-grown cat!"

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

Last edited by Dust; October 19th, 2017 at 02:32 AM.