View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2017, 12:07 AM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Default Re: Did Thistleclaw deserve to go to the Dark Forest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadingEchoes View Post
WARNING: SPOILER ALERT
Thistleclaw is not evil
Yes, I just said that, because I think he isn't. I have reasons for saying this. Think back to when Thistleclaw was a kit - a cute ball of grey-mottled spikey fur. What did he want most of all? To become an apprentice and learn the ways of a warrior to protect his Clan, and when he was an apprentice, what did he want to do? Become a warrior to protect his Clan no matter what. Remember when he was a kit, and Snowpaw and Bluepaw were made apprentices? He ran over, though looking annoyed, and said he wanted to be an apprentice, because he was a better fighter than they'd ever be. What does that show? That shows loyalty, at least I sure think it does. If anything, throughout the book, and all books where Thistleclaw is mentioned, Bluestar makes him look evil, because she doesn't like him at all. Before ThunderClan went to ambush WindClan, what did Thistlekit try to do? Sneak out with the cats, just so he could fight to keep his Clan safe. Thistlekit was an adorable little bundle of loyalty.
As an apprentice, Thistlepaw was a hard-working cat, and when he nearly fought with a ShadowClan apprentice at a Gathering, he was provoked. Thistlepaw worked hard to make sure his Clan was well-fed and well protected, and he was a great warrior too.
Think about when Sweetpaw, Thistleclaw's sister, died. He insisted he bury her himself, that shows he loved his sister. Before you tell me Thistleclaw did tell Tigerpaw to kill Tiny, who later becomes Scourge, he didn't. He told Tigerpaw to defend their territory, and Tigerpaw took it way too far, now Thistleclaw could have stopped him and the fact that he didn't IS wrong, BUT it's a whole different ballgame than telling Tigerpaw to try to kill a kit.
Thistleclaw was devastated when his mate left her only kit alone, and when he blamed Bluefur? Please, how would you feel if someone had've been with someone you loved when they'd died, and did nothing except yell? Thistleclaw taught his son to become a great warrior and ThunderClan's former deputy, Whitestorm. Thistleclaw actually wouldn't have made a bad deputy, a loyal warrior who was not afraid to die for his Clan's safety. And remember how Bluestar said he died in a fight he'd started with another Clan? Who decides whether the cats fight or not? Well so did Russetfur, but I don't see anyone saying she's evil. That was one of the things that irked me the most about Bluestar - she hated Thistleclaw for no particular reason.
Feel free to debate any of these points, sorry for the long rant.
I don't mean to make any enemies with this post I just want to have a good discussion with all of you guys.
Thistleclaw is in the Dark Forest because he trained in the Dark Forest plain and simple. I don't remember much since it's been a long time since I read Bluestar's Prophecy, but despite everything else, the reason he's not in Starclan is because he defied them and trained in the Dark Forest.

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart