View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2017, 09:49 PM
Floating

My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Fennec's Hideaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Timid knew nothing of her past. Nada. Zilch. Unlike Fennec, if anyone asked Timid how her biological mother was, Timid would only respond with positive vibes. With sweet nothings, and remarkable compliments. To her, Timid’s mother must had been very beautiful, very smart, and very sweet. Even when asking about her biological father, Timid would still believe everything good about her family. That's because Timid wanted to believe that her parents weren't horrible. That they gave her up for a valuable reason. Maybe her mother thought she would survive out in the world than the comfort of a twoleg’s nest. Just, maybe. When Timid thought of a new home with her actual parents, she imagined something gigantic, fully decorated with pretty flowers, and perhaps vintage furniture? Maybe it's a nest all hidden by a hill. Or, maybe real nearby. And, what if her parents were together? Sharing a nest, and grooming each other? It was too bad that their biggest mistake was giving up her. Though, the small cat was grateful that Allure took her in, raised her and such, but like an orphaned child’s heart, soul, and mind, she was plagued by the internal brokenness of her mother and father’s identity. Timid was dearly not an orphan, as her parents weren't dead, but still...the absence made it seem like she was. Timid didn't like to think of her mother and father. As she couldn't picture their faces in her mind, it always left her in a disheveled state. Somewhat stressed, and mildly lost. Evidently. She turned to glance at Fennec, wondering about his own family. He looked pretty young to her to be venturing out here. Which also meant that he was...brave. To him, it wasn't a big deal. Any cat could live on their own, if given the chance. But, for a feline like Timid - a kitty who practically jumps at her shadow whenever she catch a glimpse of it - obviously it was a big deal to her. It occurred to her that perhaps Fennec shared a past like her. Did he also think of both of his parents as...dead? Or, have he never met them? Was he a kittypet born? Have he belonged to a clan once? Oh, something must had happened! Since Timid found him a tad mysterious, she thought of him as an angel sent from Starclan to save her from that no good Syndicate disaster. Oh! That must had been it. Of course! By all means, Timid didn't meet this Tom by accident had she? Wasn't he sent to her to give her a sign that she must leave the Syndicate? It was dearly what she believed. Timid found herself liking the tales of folklore, and perhaps this thing called “magic” was real. Anything was possible. Really.

The Tom had called her eyes...dainty. Meaning small, mostly meaning pretty. If it was one thing Timid loved about herself, it was the color of her hues. Green. Pretty, dark, Irish green. Not the light green that many cats strutted around with. But, that dark green that made it appear hard to tell that it was, indeed, a green color. She known her eyes looked black, taking on that verge, but with help of the sun, that Jade gaze reflected beautifully. Fennec looked embarrassed, and she didn't understand why. So, she simply giggled, and had thanked him for the compliment anyway. “Oh. But I like the blue sky.” She tells him, proceeding to stare up at the color of tranquility. “Just like how I like the color of your eyes.” Fennec was right about one thing; Blue was a very common color. “It might be very common, but you wanna know something personally? I think that every time we look up at the sky, we forget that it is such a recognized color, but we still become so intrigued by the beauty it holds. So, common or not, blue never goes out of style.” Her eyes never left the blue streak sky. Few clouds here and there, but it was all good. The sky was painted artwork. That light, gorgeous blue...like the ocean. “And, to be honest...I never met many felines with amber hues. So, to me, your eye color is very...unique.” She seen many other colors. Blue, green - now, her eye color was incredibly common - the occasional, orange, and maybe even a tad of yellow. Was that a little too much? Timid never held back on compliments. She would give them out as long as the other cat decided to take them. She just didn't want Fennec to appear so flushed. Then, it would had been awkward. The she cat could detect a flustered other because it was a natural instinct for her to become so embarrassed after one of her troublesome fears.

If Timid was honest with anyone she met, then they would had known that Timid rather had been any other creature instead of a cat. It's not that she hated her species, but she didn't feel so connected with the ones that shared her communication. If she could be a Bird, she would fly away. If she could be a bee, she would buzz away. If she could be a butterfly, she would flutter away. If she could be a horse, she would gallop away, if she could be a monkey, she would climb away. Anything but a cat. Because being a cat made her feel so small and vulnerable. Her ears twitched, had Fennec said something? She didn't catch his little comment, so she thought it was the wind rustling of the trees or some sort. Though, his next words drew a light giggle from the cat. “Oh, definitely!” She pranced, excitedly. “Birds are a treat,” Timid licked her jaws. “I had a Finch before. A hunter in the Syndicate would be lucky to land their eyes on something juicy as a bird. Well, you know, the less feathery types. Because let's face it - the feathers are annoying. You have to always plunk them off, but the meat is soooooooooo delicious! I found myself chewing on the bones on -” Closing her mouth, the Molly shook her head fondly. The memories were bitter, but in her heart, it was something she cherished… For an odd reason. Perhaps, it was her sweetheart side. Or, her tendency to always remain too sweet without a venomous side added to it. Whatever it was, Timid knew she wouldn't miss the life of hunting for others and starving constantly. But, she would miss the others who raised her into being a very...well, not strong cat. Tolerable? Most definitely. “Blue Jays are beautiful,” she purred lightly. A cat like her found all species beautiful, which was no surprise to those who actually took their time to get to know her. “You'd make an excellent blue Jay, given the chance.” She laughed. It was funny, really hilarious to imagine the cream tom a different species. Let alone a bird. Just like Fennec, Timid found the pretty birds as passionate. Something most cats weren't. Though, she felt if she got to know the Tom a lot more, then maybe she would discover a passionate trait from him. She never thought of herself as being very passionate. She knew she was compassionate, however. And, being a hunter always conflicted her. Timid didn't like killing, and this counted as hunting as well. In fact, why not apologize sincerely to the life you have stolen just to fuel on energy?...or, was she the only cat to have ever done that go every meal she hunted?

Oh, this place was just simply wonderful! So, beautiful! The most satisfying scenery she ever came across. It beat that horrible home that she once knew. Absolutely revolting! If Timid could sing, she would melt her soul out. If she could dance, she would prance her heart away. This...was all new and sudden to her. Allure would kill her for rashfully accepting this Tom’s offer to live with him. The nagging thought in her mind reminded her that she was fully grown to make her own decisions. She wasn't a kit. She wasn't a trainee any longer. She gained the title of a hunter, and this meant she made her own decisions. Well...that would be a lie. Even Timid didn't know what she wanted. Let alone the mere thought of her existence every now and then. This life always been a hectic one, and judging by the tone Fennec was using, she wasn't alone. She simply gave a soft smile at his words. “Dramatic?” She repeated, then tended to roll her eyes afterwards. When you're on the outskirts constantly, one would know what dramatic was. Good acting. That's all the Syndicate ever was. Felines that acted like they cared. That acted like they were tough. That acted like they were so fearless. “No, Fennec. I don't think you're being dramatic. If anything, you're just...hurting.” That wasn't the right term she wanted to use, but it was out in the open now. He may not have known it, but Timid paid close attention during his closed off moments. When he goes into deep thought, making her wonder what he was thinking about. “Something happened, and it was a milestone in your life. Not easily forgotten. I understand.” She understood why he was distracted, but she didn't understand the feeling. She didn't know his sadness. Frankly, she didn't wish to. Sadness was a large fear to her. Just like madness. Upon his quiet remark, Timid fluttered her tail. This was the moment she been waiting for - asking the millions of questions that swirled and haunted her mind since she met her new friend. Where have you come from? How you stumble here? How long have you been on your own? Have you ever got into any fights? Have you ever saw the clans? Who are your family? Where are they? What happened to them? Most importantly; what happened to you? Timid blinked her eyes. Thinking about her questions made her second think this through. She didn't want to overwhelm the Tom. Were they even appropriate at this time? Blinking once more, Timid shifted uncomfortably. “I'll take you up on that offer,” she flicked her ears back. Now, that she had permission to ask questions, she wouldn't allow it to slide that easily. If she were to live with him, then she needed to get to know him. And, vice versa.

“Ohhh, chipmunks!” She squealed, cutely. Indeed, they were very cute to catch and eat. Just like squirrels. Yet, squirrels were tasty. Chipmunks had those fat cheeks, and Timid rather indulge in a game of chase with them than a game of catch with them. The mention of birds that were around made Timid stretch her small body, entering into a crouch to crack the front half of her body in a satisfying manner. The molly gave Fennec a sideways glance. His little correction made her playfully swat her tail at him. “Oh, sure. They're too fast to catch. Gotcha,” she winked at the little joke. Then, she trotted about, looking around at the scenery to see if she could spot one of these birds he mentioned. She couldn't recall if she ever had a magpie before. Maybe they were...delicious? She obviously seen the pretty black and white birds. Sometimes having different colors visible on them. Her paws itched to catch, well, something. Anything to calm a thunderstorm within her gut. Why did every single choice have to be so indecisive to her? Timid scrunched her nose at the distaste of her thoughts.

Timid lowered her nose to the ground, trying to catch a whiff of anything that her nose took as desirous. She stalked forward, the opposite way of where Fennec was heading. She didn't get far, however. She lifted her head, and vigorously looked from left to right, her heart pounding thinking that the Tom left her. When she saw the visible flick of his tail, Timid stumbled forward blindly after him. “Hey, wait up!” She called after him. Once she caught up to him, she trotted at his side, almost jumping at his suggestion. “A game?” She uttered. Then began prancing around, like the giddy feline that the Syndicate was not used to. “I love game!” Despite the fact that she never truly got a chance to act playful. But, Timid was a playful feline. She was addicted to having fun. It was like a drug. Upon the idea, Timid felt her hunger drop like enormous rocks within her belly. “Yes, yes, oh yes!” She jumped happily. “I wanna play, I wanna play, I wanna play!” She giggled, her eyes sparkled, and she continued to Leap about; lighter than air.
Fennec perked his ears for a second at the sound of a flap of wings, hoping it was maybe close enough to catch. It stopped very quickly, and he turned his wandering gaze that was scanning the trees back to the beryl-colored eyes of the cat next to him. She seemed to be thinking, and he caught himself staring for a second. In a sheepish manner, he turned his head away. Was that what he was like when he was thinking? He hid back a flinch because he must look deep into thought most of the time. To waste the silence between them away, he just looked to the woods. Clean, fresh, green, and turning orange. He spotted some leaves on nearby aspens starting to change to warm, fire colors. Fall was here, which means the prey would start to disappear. He had always had a love-hate relationship with winter. Everything was so frosty and pretty, but it was always difficult. But now he had a benefit-he had an excellent, trained hunter on his side in a more plentiful place. Either way, he’d been ok trough the other Winters, but now he’d have two times more the prey. Well, Timid would eat too. So they’d both be okay. He suddenly blinked in surprise, he had just imagined himself and Timid living together, and Winter was like one or two moons away.

They already seemed extremely compatible

He smiled at her comment, his eyes traveling to the blue sky above him, again, which was getting pale in the nearing cold weather. He listened to Timid’s sophisticated words carefully, finding a wanderlust inside of him as he studied the infinite expanse of cool blue sky, shrouded with the outlines of leaves and vegetation rooted in the ground. At the elevation he was perched at, the clouds moved so fast, that it was nearly impossible to capture and remember a perfect scene since it would be gone so quickly. If Fennec could, he would just study the sky all day and feel the cool breeze tickle the fur on his ears and listen to the birds sing. That would be heavenly, just to forget everything and watch. Everything in this world moves so fast, and everyone needed to slow down and take a moment to appreciate the atmosphere around them, or else they would miss true beauty. “You’re right.” He agreed, drawing his eyes back to Timid. “Maybe sometimes simplicity is better.”

Timid and Fennec were from two opposite worlds. A sweet cat in a hostile place and a messed up tom from the regular world would meet should sound awfully like a bad idea, but nothing had gone wrong. It was also odd how the conversation led to the subject of birds, funny little creatures who lived in bowls of sticks. It was such a little, underrated thing that it seemed almost silly to talk about it. A scared molly and a guarded tom talking about birds, it seemed pretty interesting to him, or was it that he was just thinking about the smallest things? Whatever it was, it was confusing him. His head tilted to the side in curiosity as Timid cut herself off. Didn't she want to keep talking about how good birds were? She wasn't annoying him, so maybe it was just personal. He had plenty of experience with that. “I bet the Syndicate was lucky for any prey.” He added thoughtfully, imagining a place where the prey-rich Summer never came “But sometimes birds are a nuisance. I remember I once climbed up a tree for one, and it was all feathers-no meat whatsoever. I thought it was this plump little sparrow and it turned out to be the skinniest thing ever. I had good bedding though. That’s a plus for feathers.” He studied her facial expressions for a moment, wondering what she was thinking again. Maybe she was thinking of the Syndicate, or this place, or why she was talking to him in the first place. He didn’t know. She seemed somewhat troubled in the way, and maybe he could try to attempt to lighten the mood just slightly, after all, everyone could use a laugh once in awhile. The keyword there was ‘try’, he wasn't very good at this whole cheering up thing. “I have a question,” he stated calmly, a twinkle of humor catching in his eyes, Fennec really hoped it would be somewhat funny or at least distracting to get their minds off other things, plus, it was a genuine question. “Do Syndicate cats even use feathers as bedding? Or bedding at all? Or do they sleep on thorns and stuff?”

Excellent? An excellent bluejay? Fennec didn’t know how to qualify for that title of excellent, but he took the compliment anyways and gave a small, sheepish smile. He couldn't see himself shrinking into a little blue bird. He’d start shrieking with that weird bird call at everything and panic his life away. The little blue mohawked bird was just in a whole new level, or just different from everything else. No songbird, no prey bird. Just kind of itself. Fennec could relate, he was different from the status quo, weird, maybe even intimidating, but never the same.

He felt as if he could trust Timid. She had a lot in her life, she could understand. If not, she was just sweet enough to know. Oh, wow, how would he start this off if she asked the right question? So, my mother killed my sister and so my other sister ran away and I followed her and witnessed her being crushed by a rockslide. So then in panic and numb shock, ran away. There I saw my cowardly father, screamed at him, continued to fight him, I won, by the way, and came here. The End. That would be quite the shocker, and a lot of information to take in. He wouldn't want to put all of that direct, compressed truth right on her. He took a few tentative seconds to reply, being careful. “Dramatic? Yes, I am very dramatic. I’m not going to deny it.” in her next phrases though, it left him in relief. She understood something happened, she actually understood. She must’ve had so many questions for the times he closed himself off just to sit and ponder, Fennec didn’t blame her, he would too. He watched her blink a few times and accept. He was expecting a flood of questions, but he underestimated her. She was caring and smart, and definitely compassionate to him. “Alright, Whenever you’re ready.”

He never knew how much Timid liked chipmunks, she seemed very excited to hear about them. He was eager to go out and chase, and it seemed as if she was too. “Very fast indeed. Good luck catching one of those little lightning bolts.” He too stretched as Timid wandered off to sniff something. He pivoted and began to search for a hint of prey, his tail flicking with interest at every sound and he turned his ears, eyes, nose, and paws on. He liked how he could just switch from a regular demeanor to a hunting expert. It was like he was two different felines. He stopped and lifted his head, his ears swiveling to catch a sound when he heard Timid's voice. Was she in trouble? Was something there? He became relieved when she caught up but then realized that he forgot she had a skittish behavior. “Sorry.” he apologized quietly. Happy to hear that she would take up his offer on a little game, he watched her hop around in joy, giving him a blissful vibe as well. Neatly, he sat down to explain to her, keeping his ears alert for prey that was nearby.

“Okay.” He mewed confidently, his paws itching to get active again. “If you’re comfortable with splitting up, I say we have ourselves a little competition.” He watched her for any change in expression. He hoped she’d be okay with it, or else he would have to dream up another little wager very quickly. “Let's see who catches the most prey by the time…” He looked up at the sky, the sun was starting to drop but there was really no time to tell with. “By the time we can’t carry anymore. Sound fair?” His eyes searched for an accepting acknowledgment, knowing very well that if she did accept he and Timid would not be hungry for the next day, assuming they both catch prey.

(sorry this is really short)