View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2016, 06:26 PM
Something or Other

My Mood: Doh

Post Re: SkyClan Clearing

A small yawn escaped the petite Ashenpaw's mouth; tired as she was, Ashenpaw was glad that she was finally an apprentice, though she was slightly disappointed that she could barely get any sleep.
Ugh! Ashenpaw thought tiredly When will StarClan let me get any sleep? The young apprentice was kept up all night by the other apprentices blabbering; Ashenpaw wished she could tell them to shut up, but she kept her mouth quiet, knowing that her mentor, Briarberry would get quite upset if she heard that her apprentice was talking to other cats that way.
A small sigh crept out of Ashenpaw's mouth, she bet that if Briarberry hadn't been so strict about her training, waking up at dawn and getting to camp at dusk, she would have more sleep. Briarberry was adamant about Ashenpaw getting as much training in as she could, but the apprentice still didn't understand why. Couldn't she just get a tiny blink of sleep?
Ashenpaw shook her head; Let's just go hunting to get my head clear. She didn't know who she was speaking to in her mind, but Ashenpaw knew that whatever or whoever it was, that they agreed through her rumbling stomach.
That was the other problem of being an apprentice, Ashenpaw couldn't just grab a mouse or squirrel from the freshkill-pile whenever she wanted, like when she was a kit. You have to hunt for your clan first before you can eat yourself. Ashenpaw could hear Briarberry's voice in her head, I'm just making sure that you know the warrior code before you become a warrior.
Again, Ashenpaw let out another sigh, the only thing keeping her going through her apprenticeship was the competition; the other apprentices acted like the best thing since mouse, and Ashenpaw was determined to show them what a real apprentice acted like, not a boastful piece of mouse-dung, but a respectful, kind cat.
Without another thought, the young she-cat left the clearing; hunting would surely clear her mind, wouldn't it?