Thread: The Venom Tree
View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2024, 06:14 PM

My Mood: Dead

Default Re: The Venom Tree

Stormfly gave a smile that was almost genuine, though it faltered as her eyes caught Treepaw's stillness, and the glassy eyed appearance she had noticed occasionally when she'd first taken an interest in her. Her ears twitched and for a moment she wondered if she was hearing something the warrior couldn't.
She tilted her head, watching her for a moment.
Although it was odd, she supposed it didn't truly bother her. It did not detract from what she wanted, and what the apprentice could do.

She gave a false purr, venomous lies of companionship expressed in every rumble of her chest. She beckoned the apprentice closer, tail tip curling out and then towards the dark furred tortoiseshell.
"I am very glad."
She flashed a beaming smile, then let her face slacken, eyes still acting out the appearance of warmth and oppeness.
"I've a gift for you, too."
The real reason she'd sought the little creature here. She had some chaos to see to, to bring forth into reality.
Now, she did not wish harm upon her dearest agent of chaos, so she'd looked high and low for something for her to scavenge rather than asking the dear thing to risk her life. But it wouldn't last her forever, no.
She would eventually need to catch her own tools, and she would give her the knowledge she would need for exactly that. For now, she would tide her over, promise more, and then come to satiate that hunger for her knowledge.

Her chin lowered as her head rolled ever so slightly, allowing her eyes to slide over from Treepaw, to the hungry shadows that always encased these lands. For a brief moment, her eyes stared for perhaps a moment too long at the natural shadow the young cat cast, and she could almost swear that she saw the darkness beneath her shift and sway without her.
Curious, she tried to subtly lean forward, but by then the darkness had corrected itself, and she couldn't be sure she hadn't simply been seeing things.
Stormfly did not dwell on this, and instead shifted her gaze back to Treepaw.
"Come closer, so I can show you, tell you something special. Where you can find the gift I have for you."
Sadly, she could not move or manifest objects, much less creatures. Her little murderous beastie will have to try to find it herself, but she would do her best to lead her paw steps where she needed. Gazing I to the living world was surprisingly easy, given she would have suspected that the Star Dwellers would have tried to cut them off from the living.
But no, she could scour every inch of whatever she wanted, and could even show it to another as well. And this was perfect for everything that was to come.

[ @SuspiciousMindz ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.