Thread: SkyClan Nursery
View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Something or Other

My Mood: Doh

Default Re: SkyClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Pantherkit looked curiously up at her, and then back to the thrush that was on the ground. His black tail twitched slightly and he met her gaze with his own yellow one, before smiling a little. "Thank you." He mewed politely- he had been taught to be polite at all times, no matter whether how he felt, or if he required whatever it was he was being offered. "Really? I'm super excited to be an apprentice, don't you like it?" He asked, his expression turning from one of polite interest to one of surprise. His yellow hues seemed to gleam once more and he had almost forgotten about the thrush that was now at his paws. As he shifted his weight, one of his paws brushed against it, re-alerting him of it's presence, and he took a small bite, enjoying it. He was glad for once that his siblings were not clambering around him, over him, and all in all trying to outdo him. Pantherkit's eyes fixed back on the apprentice and he studied her, as he did with all cats...he would often try and memorize what they looked like, how their past interactions had gone, and what their temperments had been like the previous times, mainly just because he wanted to see what things they did and did not like. The black tom rose to his paws after taking another small bite of the thrush, making sure that he was leaving quite a bit for his siblings whenever they wanted it. "So how has it been going for you, then?" He asked with a small lopsided grin, which didn't quite reach his eyes...although he did truly mean it to be friendly, he wasn't the most approachable kit, and often appeared to be rude or offstandish when he was simply unable to force himself to look much friendlier. Pantherkit kept his yellow gaze fixed on the apprentice, and he waited for her reply. His thoughts went to the clearing outside, and he wondered if perhaps this apprentice would accompany him. She had just come from there, after all, but maybe she would want to go back.
As Ashenpaw stretched, her claws unsheathed, and her eyes flickered closed a few times, though her determined spirit kept them open. As Pantherkit asked his question of surpised, the apprentice found it quite odd that he would ask such a question. "Of course I like it," she said in a snappish tone, though her amber eyes were filled with amusement, "It's just extremely exhausting, so I recommend enjoying the time that you are a kit." Ashenpaw saw that the kit was excited to become a apprentice, and she felt as though she had to spread her advise around as much as she could, since she knew that growing up too quickly always caused a cat problems, even though they weren't big. Ashenpaw's ears twitched as the answer was quite sudden, and the quierry that the kit had come up with was slightly touchy. Though the apprentice brushed off her emotions, and- with heistion- answered the Pantherkit's question. "I'm doing as fine as an apprentice who lost her mother would." Again, her tone was snappish, though looking into her eyes, pain was stricken against them, and tears brimmed them, threatening to come out. Though Ashenpaw's mother had always been out of the nursery, she still loved Mapleleaf, and it hit her the hardest of her siblings when the news had come. The subject was one that she never liked talking about, and when it came up, she tried to avoid it. With Pantherkit, though, Ashenpaw felt as though she had to be truthful with him, even if it hurt her. "How about you?" The question was quite abrupt, and Ashenpaw's voice was quite sniffly, though the quierry was valid and the apprentice wanted it answered.