View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2017, 10:35 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: RiverClan Elders' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
It wasn't uncommon for Quailkit to want to come into the elder's den, they often liked to visit the older cats and see if they needed help even if they were still only a kit. Most of the time the elders politely declined and instead took the time to tell the kit a story, which more often than not the young cat accepted gleefully, sometimes spending the entirety of the day in the elders den listening to whatever it was that the older cats were telling them. Today was no different either, for the young brown and white tabby came into the elders den, hauling a mouse with them by the tail. In one more moon they would be an apprentice and it would be their duty to help the older cats, so might as well get a headstart on it right? Besides, Quailkit enjoyed being able to help others, whether the cat was the same age as them, older, or younger, whoever they were Quailkit wanted to be able to extend a helping paw.
So with a bright look in their eyes that were starting to change yellow the older they got, the young cat made their entrance into the den of the old retired warriors, pausing to look around to see who would most likely be needing the mouse they had.
Ears perking up towards one of the elders who seemed to have the others up in a tizzy, Quailkit cautiously approached Blackheart, dipping their head and gently laying down the mouse in front of the old she-cat. While they weren't sure about how she smelled, not quite used to the smell of Shadowclan, the kit wouldn't let that stop them from offering kindness.
"Excuse me ma'am, would.. You like to have this mouse? I haven't seen you around camp before, are you one of the um.." Flicking their ear, the kit had to rack their brain to remember the name of the other clan. "The Shadowclan cats?" With the question, the younger cat's head tilted as they fixed their gaze curiously up at the other cat, taking a seat. As the kit spoke, they spoke with a gentle, polite tone, one that they used when speaking with any cat really because generally speaking, Quailkit was a very polite young tom.

Meanwhile a particular smokey/ashy grey kit stuck his snout into the elders den. He had seen another kit come in here with a mouse and was curious what he planned to do with it, even though it was pretty obvious that he was probably going to feed it to one of the elders. Then again, Vireokit was fairly young and didn't really think about it. Technically, he wasn't supposed to be out of the nursery, but he was a very curious young kit and usually ended up sneaking out anyways, either following a bug or just looking for something to study and observe.
Blue eyes focusing on Quailkit, seeing them talking to the elder, the much younger kit came padding over with their tail held high in curiosity and intrigue. The smell of the elders den was strange with the scent of the two clans mixed together, but it didn't bother Vireokit in the slightest, then again, there were very few things that seemed to bother the strange young kit.
As Blackheart seemed to be focused on Quailkit, Vireokit focused in on the elders tail, eyeing it curiously but not desiring to reach a paw out for it yet.
Blackheart glanced at the Riverclan kit," Why, thank you." She meowed to Quailkit," What's your name? I'm Blackheart." She added taking a small bite of the mouse wondering how they found a mouse in Riverclan territory, she had just grumbled over the fish and taken it gracefully from the Riverclan apprentices and snapped at the Shadowclan apprentices. Since she wasn't welcome in Riverclan, she glanced up at Vireokit and smiled," Hello. Were you looking for a specific elder?" She meowed. She knew a bunch of the elders from her warrior days at the gatherings.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here