Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2016, 06:36 AM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

Default Re: The Starcave

@Zero to Hero

As they made their way towards the center of the cave in silence, the younger tom also felt the eerie tone around them. He shifted his weight as he followed his mentor, trying not to seem too unsettled by the silence of the place. Like Zerosight, he had never been here in such silence. Though he did spend most of his time in the medicine den along with Zerosight, it wasn't always so quite. They usually spoke or had patients so the apprentice never really experienced such silence. It was a bit unnerving.

He blinked as they approached the center, and the younger tom had to hold himself back from bounding over to it like an excited kit. Instead, he shook his fur out and watched Zerosight carefully, not wanting to embarrass himself during this important time. As the medicine cat reached the center and turned towards Northpaw, the tabby neared him, autumn orbs wide with interest. This would be his first medicine cat naming ceremony that he's been a part of and he wasn't exactly sure what he was suppose to do so he tried his best to mimic the warrior and apprentice ceremonies.

Northpaw stood a bit straighter when his mentor's voice rang across the cave in the start of the ceremony. He felt a surge of his own pride for himself. The tom had feared he wouldn't be enough to succeed his mentor, but it gave him some encouragement as he was about to earn his full medicine cat name. He wished he could run over towards Surgestorm when this was over and show off his new name - whatever it may be - but he was reminded that he could not so at a time like this.

Does Starclan hear him? Will they visit us tonight and show their approval of me? The tom knew how silent Starclan had been towards them, and started to worry that perhaps they might not even bother to show to the naming of a medicine cat. Or maybe they would and claim they disprove of him. But their silence might also show their disapproval... if this happens, will Zerosight drop me as his apprentice? He did not wish to think that his mentor would quickly drop him in order to please Starclan. What am I saying? Of course he wouldn't! Northpaw forced himself to calm down.

Everything that was happening with their new leaders was making him so paranoid.

The charcoal apprentice listened carefully to the last part. This was part that he'd have to vow to. He noted that it was slightly different from the vow that new warriors and apprentices had to make, but he liked this one better anyway. of course, the last part was one of those parts where you never think of. When would he even have to risk his life to protect another cat? If there was a fight, it would be left to the warriors while medicine cats would be relatively safe and just healing cats. But he did agree with everything else. He was one of those cats that didn't entirely understand the borders and didn't stereotype the other clans. Plus, he enjoyed healing cats and making them feel better. It wasn't a difficult choice.

"I do," Northpaw's voice was so sure as he answered this, and he seemed to able to stand just a bit more taller as he mewed the simply yet binding words.

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛