View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2018, 07:42 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
A warm and fuzzy feeling enveloped the white apprentice. She knew he was joking about the last part (she'd playfully wrinkled her nose at him when he said it), but what Blazingcomet had said boosted Cherrypaw's confidence in herself, whether she needed that confidence boost or not. She didn't think she needed the approval of any other cat, but the apprentice didn't hate that feeling she got when she knew other cats accepted or believed in her. It made her feel less lonely and more important. For a moment she wondered how her relationship with Blazingcomet would change after she became a warrior. Cherrypaw considered their relationship to be a close one. Well, she was closer with Blazingcomet than she was with any other older cat. Would they continue to talk and maybe even train together every once in awhile? It was weird to think about training everyday with her mentor and then suddenly not. There were other thoughts that were weird to think about too. Would Blazingcomet accept another apprentice once Cherrypaw got her warrior name? She assumed he would. Wasn't training apprentices one of the greatest perks of being a Clan warrior? The blue-eyed she-cat shook her head as if that would shake out her jealous thoughts. Her relationship with Blazingcomet was going to be whatever it was meant to be or whatever Cherrypaw shaped it to be.

"Let's do it!" Cherrypaw mewed, striking an equally silly pose. She was still a little bit tired still, but this little break gave the apprentice the oppurtunity to get her breath back once again. Her blue eyes sparkled with determination as she tried to focus once more on training.
The orange warrior smirked at her, before backing away and getting ready to make his move. He studied the white she cat, his tail twitching back and forth. Cherrypaw had a lot of energy - if only it was focused in the right places. He could see her, within time, becoming a great warrior… and he would, of course, be proud that he’d gotten to train with her. To watch her grow up. Being an apprentice was exciting, and new… this was a time for new emotions to be formed, for relationships to be strengthened (or weakened), for boundaries to be tested. This and being a young warrior - which Blazingcomet already knew.

He was still fairly young, but he felt like he’d been through a lifetime already. He’d had a mate, he’d had a few interests, and he’d been around so many cats that he thought he’d met just about every personality type there was. Flirty, introverted, extroverted, reckless, cautious, guarded, open… everything. He wanted Cherrypaw to experience all of those cats as well. Which was why he wasn’t stressing too much on training right now - of course, there would be other moments when he would want her to succeed, to do her best, but for now? It was alright with him if she fell down a few times. It was alright if she slacked off a little, because she was still learning. He could guide her, he could challenge her, he could help her, but he couldn’t force her to do anything. Force would never work.

Blazingcomet’s own mentor had been pretty good about that kind of thing… but his guiding skills, just for general life things, had been lacking. Perhaps the tom would have turned out a little better and not had all the trouble with Drizzleshard had his mentor been different. And, the warrior honestly couldn’t blame him all that much - after all, he’d been pretty laid back - with the occasional passive-aggressive remark, or sarcastic snort of laughter. After a few moments of thinking, and studying Cherrypaw, Blazingcomet finally made his move - springing towards the she cat at a higher speed then before.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.