View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2018, 04:47 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The ginger tom thought for a moment on her question, before he did answer. He wanted to make sure any loose ends were wrapped up for Cherrypaw - a mentor was supposed to teach their apprentice, answer questions the apprentice may have, and make sure that one day they would be the best warrior that they could be. That was all Blazingcomet wanted for Cherrypaw, was for her to be the best that she could be. "Find any other weak spots they may have. For instance, if there's a cat who's already been fighting and has one side that's more beaten up then the other, you're going to want to aim for the injured side. If it's a leg injury, aim for the good leg." He paused for a moment, trying to put that into a perspective that would make more sense. For Cherrypaw, it must sound strange to have him tell her two different things in the same breath. What he wanted to convey was that you were more likely to be able to catch an enemy off guard if you had them try to catch themselves on an injured leg, whereas if it were an injured side, it wouldn't do you much good to aim for a good one. "Umm... well, did that make sense? Or do I need to make it simpler?" Blazingcomet asked, coming up with a new way to explain his concept just in case Cherrypaw needed it. Although he was hoping she wouldn't... it wasn't much better then the first one. He had never been the best at explaining things, which was probably why his relationship with his mate was failing - no, it had already failed. Why he was having thoughts about Petal already, all because of this one... stupid... thing. How crazy was he to think that he belonged in a relationship? Maybe he hadn't been ready to have a mate.
Cherrypaw nodded her white head as her mentor spoke. She tried to listen carefully and fully consider his answer. The apprentice's head tilted to the side slightly. She squinted her clear blue eyes at first, not fully understanding. She replayed the ginger tom's words in her head, trying to figure out what he was really trying to say. Her head started to hurt after a few heartbeats. Untangling Blazingcomet's words was like untangling a sloppily made moss ball. "So you're saying there's a difference between aiming for an injured side and an injured leg?" Cherrypaw mewed, not entirely sure that she understood what her mentor was trying to say. "If I aim for a good leg when the other one is injured, my enemy won't be able to support themselves with an injured leg." The she-cat began, speaking more to herself than anything else. "If my enemy has an injured side, I might as well aim for that side because aiming for the good side won't make much of a difference. I might as well damage the injured side further." The blue-eyed cat waited a moment and thought over her words. "Wow, that's kind of confusing." She laughed. "I think it makes sense though. Aim for the good leg and the bad side."

[ I've been sick for the last two weeks. So so sorry for the super late reply! ]

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic