View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2017, 07:54 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: RiverClan Training Cave

@Lawlipop

First training session. First real one on one with Briarpaw. She seemed friendly enough at the ceremony, and like an intelligent young cat, I believe this should go well.
This would actually be Cobaltshade's first apprentice, she's never trained an apprentice before and sure while she was nervous, she believed that she would be able to be the best mentor she could be. She was a mother before she was a mentor, so maybe she'd have a little problem of being too soft on her, but when was that a bad thing? While she didn't openly admit it to other cats, she had a soft spot for kits and young cats in general. They just.. They made her happy and melted her cold, calculating exterior.
But that wasn't on her mind at the moment, what was on her mind was the time she had given her apprentice to meet her here by. Noonhigh. She felt that was a reasonable time, not too early, not too late right? She would have to work out the kinks later, learn through trial and error, a method she didn't normally like to use, but a method she was forced to use in this circumstance. And what was she going to do with today's training? Starting with battle training would be a little too harsh right? So maybe she'd just see what Briarpaw could do huntingwise, or at least her form, how she stalked, her technique for killing, her thinking process that kind of thing. Yes, that sounds good, easy, good way to see where she is in that aspect. And a good chance to get to know her a little better too. It's good to know your apprentice and how they learn. Right?
Exhaling slowly, Cobaltshade forced herself to realize that she couldn't plan everything, that sometimes, you just had to go with what you had and stop worrying about things in the future. This wasn't a battle strategy, she wasn't trying to take down some unknown enemy. She was raising a young cat to be a warrior, a good warrior for Riverclan. Hopefully she wouldn't fail in this task. She wanted to be a good mentor for Briarpaw, one that made her excited to become a warrior and serve her clan dutifully.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?