View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2017, 06:52 AM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: Fennec's Hideaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam View Post
(I wrote this on mobile so I'm sorry if there's typos..) Fennec walked alongside Timid as she scanned the scenery. His tail hung straight out, but slightly more elevated: he guessed that he was pleased,but he never really controlled his tail anyways. After a few glances around of his own, looking at all the towering pines washed in sunlight, he looked back at Timid. For right now, he knew it was best to let her take it all in silently without him pointing out every little thing, looking at nature was always better with little to no talking at first. Instead of guiding her around vocally, he instead tried to mirror her pace, attempting to make his foot in synch with her foot, so they could have the same stride. Fennec could really never destroy that habit, but after he walked symmetrically to Timid's footsteps, he purposely skipped up and fell into his own steps.

Fennec remembered when he had first wandered alongside these very tree trunks. He was still in shock after the event that happened, so he didn't take in the scenery until the feelings passed, but everything was so sunny and green and welcoming. He pressed his pads deeper into the grass and the earth, Dew streaking the fur on his paws to make it darker. Fennec had always thought his fur looked extremely odd when it was wet. He turned a light brown, and in his reflection in the puddles always surprised him: it was like he was staring at another cat. Fennec jumped out of his wandering thoughts when Timid's voice rang out to him. Fennec tilted his head, he really wasn't sure of sharing. But he was positive he'd be okay if another cat was in this territory, if he cat was nice enough and didn't pick the tree right next to him. He had his spot, anyone could have theirs. Fennec cracked a smile when Timid spoke again, if Timid wanted to stay here, she would have to somewhat share with him. His ears pinned back to his skull when Timid apologized, he didn't like it, 'Syndicate' and Timid would never and should never be in the same sentence, it wasn't right. "There's no Syndicate in you, Timid." he voiced more quietly than he would usually speak. He couldn't see this golden green-eyed cat in a clan of bloodthirsty, scarred rouges. He could see Timid's vision. Unfriendly. Extremely Unfriendly. Even the name sounded unfriendly.

He purses his lips, he had a certain and sudden distaste for the Syndicate, and he didn't know why. No, he did know why, he just didn't want to admit it to himself. The Syndicate was practically a group full of his parents, well, his mother. Every single cat must've been like his mother, inflicting pain in ways he couldn't imagine. In a way, Fennec and Timid shared the same cats in their life.

Fennec's tail dropped when Timid asked another question. He found this places in the Ashes of a tragedy, running away accidentally from his past. From his Syndicate. He was almost going to ask Timid if it was okay to not reply, but then she asked other question. His answers could mask his first one. "I kind of just stumbled upon it." He replied as casually as he could, was his voice too scared? Was his voice to strong? He licked his lips and answered again, "I've only been here since new-leaf, I sleep under some ferns and a pine tree, so it's pretty nice and cool out here. I'm not sure if it snows here, but I'm guessing. Cause of the altitude." he paused for a moment and scanned the pines, usually, conifers grew in the mountains. But he guessed he was above sea level, that's why the pines we're here, and aspens. That meant there was water, which hinted snowfall. "Haven't seen a twoleg around these parts. A cat comes by once or twice."the only time he'd seen a twoleg was back at his old kithood shelter. Some would go by on these small, hard things with two circular, black, spinning things that carried them forward.And the only cat he'd seen recently here was Timid.

He couldn't help but feel a happy feeling spread throughout him as Timid's pelt brushed against his, he had earned her trust enough for her to, what?Use him for safety? He wasn't sure, but he knew it was good. He hid the glint in his eye when Timid said 'we', maybe this territory was convincing her. "Theres altitude sickness, but we're kinda lower. And no common predators, really"he mewed insulted, hoping Timid wouldn't start shaking in fear again, (I'm just going to base this territory off somewhere I know that has pine/aspen forests?) he decided not to mention the time he saw mountain lion tracks and a fox den when he first arrived, but that was months ago... "Well, there obviously the pine forest food chain, but I haven't seen anything really dangerous around here. Sometimes there's a herd of deer or elk. I've heard there's been moose and bison sightings. And a bear, but I don't believe that one." He winced, he probably shouldn't have brought up the time he heard of a beat walking through. Either way, black bears were way less dangerous than those "grizzly bears" passers were gossiping about, but he knew grizzly bears didn't live where he was.

Fennec looked at her in interest as she spoke of her healer friend Ryker. So after all there were good cats in the Syndicate, and Timid seemed to pick up some knowledge that could help him if he ever got hurt... of course, if Timid decided to stay in his little area.

Lonely. Fennec stayed world less for a few moments, running the word through his head. Lonely. He wouldn't be lonely if it weren't for the turn of events, he wouldn't be lonely if his mother never did her action, he wouldn't be lonely if His mother wouldnt have unsheathed her claws that day. Everything seemed really against him, determined to leave him lonely. He missed everyone, except for his mother. His father seemed okay, except for the part where he left the three kits in the time of need. Fennec swallowed and blinked, clearing the misty starts of tears in his eyes. "Yeah, sometimes." He nodded, then realized he sounded vauge, "Well ever since my family, I mean, ever since I began to live in my own I've missed my family's company. I've missed talking I them." He avoided his family as much as possible, although the part at the end was true. He did miss talking to his siblings. "So I'm pretty open for giving my place as a shelter, it wouldn't hurt. Right?" he kept his tone light. He should stop rambling, Timid already knew he was just doing a kind gesture for her, he would always find that kind gesture part of him. He remembered the two kits that he guided to find their mother. He thought of Holly and Swift, and how much his siblings needed a kind gesture. He wanted to be the one to give the aid others need, because once he needed it, and no one was around to give it.

Clearing the thoughts from his head, he wondered if he should ask Timid about something. He decided against his thoughts. Slightly, he began to veer right towards the spot he would show Timid. Hopefully, she would enjoy the hideaway as much as he Did the first time he had seen the place. Judging by the way she looked around, all of the colors and sights and sounds would amaze her. Fennec looked down at his feet, he shouldn't be trying to hard to change the she-cats mind, instead, he relaxed his shoulders. All he was doing was a friendly tour for Timid. His steps gained a small bounce to them,"almost there. You'll love this place."
His words were quiet, but she definitely heard him. Having to strain her ears in order to hear what he had to say. There's no Syndicate in you, Timid. She flattened her ears to her head for a moment, quite flustered, but she didn't allow this to show. What he said, was true...right? Sure, she had been raised in the Syndicate, learning their ways, and staying in her place, but she wasn't the kind to be so aggressive to another cat. She hardly could fight--or fend for herself, so she looked to others to do it for her. Which was why she would had never made a great fighter. Hunter? More likely. If the cats who didn't like her had a say in what she could be, Timid feared she would be bait for the fighters. So, they could use her to push her around or abuse her delicate frame. It was more than once when Timid would dream about this nightmare. Since he were much bigger than her, Timid tried her best to keep up with him, but since her legs were pretty small, she found herself lingering behind. She soaked in her surroundings, still in awe at such a gorgeous scenery. This was a place she wished to live, but the feline felt that she really didn't have a choice in anything she wanted to do with her life.

As the she cat explored the place more, she found it very tempting to accept his offer. She didn't know how long it would last, but she was happy that she would be able to live in such a scenery and not have to be scared for her life...right? Timid had constant fears. She was scared at practically...everything. Which was no surprise since she was Timid. Possibly, she wondered if she had a different name, would she still have the same fears as she did now? Desperately, she wanted to speak up. Allow her voice to be heard, but she wasn't a lion. No one would listen to a she cat that was quite the small one. That looked innocent beyond recognition. And, especially one who didn't hold a high rank--but, this tom. He seemed to understand her. He was giving her comfort. That was something rare that was given to her, and she was grateful of such kindness. At his words, she swiveled her head quickly towards him, trotting up to keep pace with him, but gradually fell back again. You kinda just stumbled here? That wasn't the answer she was hoping for. Probably some exaggerated story of action and adventure that lead him to this place. Though he was telling the truth, so that's all that mattered. ''Snow is cold...'' She said, quietly as her paws trailed alongside him. ''It causes hypothermia-- And, you know what hypothermia cause? Death.'' The she cat felt herself shivering. Perhaps, she was over-exaggerating, but she had been so afraid, she didn't know what else to do. Timid didn't like the snow, that was for sure. But as he answered her next question, the she cat flicked her tail. Twolegs--she weren't afraid of. She just didn't like them. Something was off about those Nofur critters that walked on two legs. She never really had an encounter with one, and she hoped that she wouldn't need to have one.

The she cat darted her eyes at the lovely place, her ears stayed turned to Fennec as she heard him. So far, she was liking everything that was coming out his maw. It made her pleased that there weren't many troubles to worry about. Until...that was, when he mentioned elk, dear...and a bear!? The she cat almost stood frozen to her spot, shivering much more noticeably than she would had liked to. The thought of a bear roaming this area had scared her. It made her want to get out of here. It made her believe that this place was too good to be true. And, the fact that this tom casually said it--like it wasn't a big thing!

''A bear!'' Timid shrieked, lowering her body to the ground. She was ready to panic. Ready to bolt, but then Fennec said he didn't believe it. He hadn't seen the bear, and maybe if she kept close to him...she wouldn't see it either? Timid frowned, but she slowly padded back up to Fennec, a tight lump in her throat. ''I hope there are no bears here! I can't even stand heights, let alone large animals!'' She whined, almost whimpering. She was acting like a kit, and she knew she was, but she couldn't help it. Fennec seemed brave to her, someone who knew how to fend for himself, but Timid was far from it. Oh no! I'll only be a burden in his eyes... she gave a quick sad glance towards the tom, heaving out a sigh of desperation.

Though her mind was everywhere, the she cat decided to continue to check out the place. Her ears stayed on alert, in case she needed to take some sort of cover. She stayed close to Fennec--probably a bit too close. She tried her best to stay in line with his paw steps as she brushed her fur against him. If she wasn't being so frightened, she would had noticed the soft texture of his pelt. But, she was too caught up, believing that something might strike up sooner or later. It made her wary of the place, but also reminded her that no place would be too safe. One thing the small she cat did catch was the part about his family. That had interested her...only because she didn't see him. Besides that, he had brought them up. Would it had been appropriate for her to ask about them? She figured it would be. Fennec knew a bit about her, and she also wanted to get to know him. So far, he seemed to play the part of a mysterious kind stranger. She wanted to know his true origins. Who was he? Of course, he was Fennec, but stripped down to his inner soul--who was he?

As the she cat padded beside him, relishing in the feeling that their pelts were touching, she turned her head to give him an innocent stare. One of curiosity. ''Why did you leave your family--if, you miss talking with them?'' She twitched her nose. It didn't make any sense to her. If he missed his family's company, why did he leave? Surely, it wasn't because he was forced to go. That made Timid's ears pin to her head, but she wanted to know the truth instead of assuming such. Anything could had happen as to why he left his family.