View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2017, 03:22 PM
Floating

My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Fennec's Hideaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Timid hopped on her paws to scramble after him. She did want to see this territory, and no way did she want to be left behind. Timid didn't like being alone. She always feared that something might jump out at her or snatch her up. Anything worse that could happen. Timid was an extreme sweetheart--never would even hurt a fly, though this contradicts with her prey hunting. Since she proved to be excelled in hunting. The she cat hates taking life from creatures, and every time she was successful at catching something, she prayed to thank for the food. Now, the Syndicate did not believe in Starclan, but Timid liked to believe that there was a higher power. She wanted to believe in Starclan because Starclan, or whatever greater power had kept her alive when she could had died so many times. Under the glare of that strong fighter, in the jaws of that ungrateful queen, or even minor hunting accidents when she sprained her hind paw one time. As far as Timid knew, she was blessed. “I'm excited to see this place!” She managed to walk slowly next to him, making sure to follow him, but her eyes never left the scenery. The beautiful scenery that laid around them.

The she cat flicked her tail, continuing to walk alongside Fennec. She found every aspect of the sun’s light to be beautiful as it hit their surroundings. She found everything to be simply stunning, and she wished she held this piece to her life. But, if I stayed, surely someone would be looking for me? That's what she was scared about. Timid didn't want anyone hurt, and Syndicate cats looking for her was never good. Timid knew how to stay out of trouble. And, if she were in the inevitable trouble, she would know how to hide from it. It was a big area. That was something she could see clearly. “All this territory and you would want to sure this place?” Her voice was squealing, on a high pitched note than her original sounding, but she always got like that when she was excited. “I would never share this!” She exclaimed, which had been the actual truth. She did not notice the enthusiasm in her voice for the hostile indication. Possibly, she sounded rude. “I suppose that's the Syndicate talking in me,” she shook her head vigorously. “Those cats don't like to share. At all. No food. No nest. No anything, unless its claws, and they're swiping it against your face. That's the only thing they would share. The drama and the violence.” Unconsciously, the small cat unsheathed her claws. They were dull at the moment, not very sharp, so she relied on the softness of her paws to lock her prey and catch it. A Timid thought about sharpening them against a tree, but she was afraid they would hurt.

Shaking her head once more to rid her thoughts, the feline bounced forward, her small paws keeping at a trot. Greenery lands, the sun shining in just the right places, and as she continued walking, a strong scent of squirrel flared upon her, and the feline tensed up for a moment. Squirrel would be the perfect meal to bring back to the Syndicate--truly another piece of luxury the Syndicate hardly ever had. On the other hand, Timid felt that she didn't want to go back, yet she still was not convinced. She was confused. Very indecisive, and always feared for the worst. It was contradicting how this feline wanted to be a brightness for everyone, yet she carried a high pessimistic nature to her. Usually coming from her frightened state, and being raised in the Syndicate. She was taught to never think for herself, and simply hunt. Or, when the time came, to be taken in as a mate to bear future hunters or fighters in the Syndicate. The thought repulsed Timid. She hardly thought about the future, whether it would come to be. She tried to stay focused on the present because this was where her time landed. Time that would be wasted when thinking of the future. Or, even the past.

“How, did you ever even find this place?” She asked, turning to look at him. She was a curious cat, wanting to learn much about her new friend. He was kind. She liked him. He wasn't hounding her down, or being bossy with her, or even nipping at her when she did something wrong. He was showing her his home--the home he'd been willing to share. “Where do you even sleep? And, how is the weather here? Does it snow?” She shivered, her voice light. Timid didn't like the cold. Whenever the snow did come she would bury herself deep in a hole to maintain warmth. Another thing that the syndicate cats never shared. “Do twolegs come around here? Other cats?” Now, she was rambling, asking every question that erupted in her mind. And, it was getting closer to one question that she was begging to ask him: Where do you come from?

Timid wondered what was his backstory. He was young, living on his own. She figured at his age that he would have parents nearby, but she didn't see anyone. As far as she knew, they were the only two here. She was positive that she would be able to scent another cat if they were nearby, but nope. She was still near Fennec, lightly brushing her pelt against his. Even in a place as gorgeous as this, she was still quite...Timid. “Are there anything we should be worried about? Like sicknesses or diseases? Predators?” Her voice was shaky, her shivering state more heavy, as she leaned in closer to him. Her gaze caught sight of every movement, hearing the sound of the birds callings, or the insects croaking. “You don't have healers here. How do you even get better without someone helping you?” Back in the Syndicate, her own friend was a healer. Ryker was a young one, learning still. Not that much older than this tom beside her, actually. “Ryker is a healer. He's very kind to me, and he always helped me feel better whenever I was sick.” She softly, said. “I always hung out with him whenever I wasn't sent to hunt, and learned a few things from observing him.” She smiled at the fond memories. Ryker was literally the only cat that she would find herself next to, believing that he could be the one to protect her. Yet, Ryker had one eye and duties to tend to than play bodyguard to a scaredy cat.

“It must be lonely out here for you, right?” He was the only cat she came across, no hint or scent of a passerby. She wrinkled her nose, maybe that was why he invited her to stay with him. Well, apart of it. He thought she was a nice cat to be living in the Syndicate. And, it still made the young she cat’s heart flutter slightly. She never really received compliments within the Syndicate. Nice compliments, that is. Though there were the multiple occasionally flirting crew that loved to tease her. Something that Timid hated, yet she was afraid of them. Of course, they were fighters, so she never did anything to taunt them or ignore them. That would only make them even more angry, and as for Timid? She preferred to walk away without the bruises. Yet, this tom was showing her utter kindness, and it made her happy that she could feel appreciated. And, she thanked him for that, thinking that she should live with him. Live with him until it was discovered that she was gone. She could live with him and grow a deep friendship. Maybe, that was something they both could like. One less lonely cat…

Yet, there were always something to worry about. And, what they thought would be a cloudless blue day, anything could strike. A rain storm like no other. Timid was afraid of what could happen, or the consequences that would follow. And, here she was. Still debating on what she wanted to do.
(I wrote this on mobile so I'm sorry if there's typos..) Fennec walked alongside Timid as she scanned the scenery. His tail hung straight out, but slightly more elevated: he guessed that he was pleased,but he never really controlled his tail anyways. After a few glances around of his own, looking at all the towering pines washed in sunlight, he looked back at Timid. For right now, he knew it was best to let her take it all in silently without him pointing out every little thing, looking at nature was always better with little to no talking at first. Instead of guiding her around vocally, he instead tried to mirror her pace, attempting to make his foot in synch with her foot, so they could have the same stride. Fennec could really never destroy that habit, but after he walked symmetrically to Timid's footsteps, he purposely skipped up and fell into his own steps.

Fennec remembered when he had first wandered alongside these very tree trunks. He was still in shock after the event that happened, so he didn't take in the scenery until the feelings passed, but everything was so sunny and green and welcoming. He pressed his pads deeper into the grass and the earth, Dew streaking the fur on his paws to make it darker. Fennec had always thought his fur looked extremely odd when it was wet. He turned a light brown, and in his reflection in the puddles always surprised him: it was like he was staring at another cat. Fennec jumped out of his wandering thoughts when Timid's voice rang out to him. Fennec tilted his head, he really wasn't sure of sharing. But he was positive he'd be okay if another cat was in this territory, if he cat was nice enough and didn't pick the tree right next to him. He had his spot, anyone could have theirs. Fennec cracked a smile when Timid spoke again, if Timid wanted to stay here, she would have to somewhat share with him. His ears pinned back to his skull when Timid apologized, he didn't like it, 'Syndicate' and Timid would never and should never be in the same sentence, it wasn't right. "There's no Syndicate in you, Timid." he voiced more quietly than he would usually speak. He couldn't see this golden green-eyed cat in a clan of bloodthirsty, scarred rouges. He could see Timid's vision. Unfriendly. Extremely Unfriendly. Even the name sounded unfriendly.

He purses his lips, he had a certain and sudden distaste for the Syndicate, and he didn't know why. No, he did know why, he just didn't want to admit it to himself. The Syndicate was practically a group full of his parents, well, his mother. Every single cat must've been like his mother, inflicting pain in ways he couldn't imagine. In a way, Fennec and Timid shared the same cats in their life.

Fennec's tail dropped when Timid asked another question. He found this places in the Ashes of a tragedy, running away accidentally from his past. From his Syndicate. He was almost going to ask Timid if it was okay to not reply, but then she asked other question. His answers could mask his first one. "I kind of just stumbled upon it." He replied as casually as he could, was his voice too scared? Was his voice to strong? He licked his lips and answered again, "I've only been here since new-leaf, I sleep under some ferns and a pine tree, so it's pretty nice and cool out here. I'm not sure if it snows here, but I'm guessing. Cause of the altitude." he paused for a moment and scanned the pines, usually, conifers grew in the mountains. But he guessed he was above sea level, that's why the pines we're here, and aspens. That meant there was water, which hinted snowfall. "Haven't seen a twoleg around these parts. A cat comes by once or twice."the only time he'd seen a twoleg was back at his old kithood shelter. Some would go by on these small, hard things with two circular, black, spinning things that carried them forward.And the only cat he'd seen recently here was Timid.

He couldn't help but feel a happy feeling spread throughout him as Timid's pelt brushed against his, he had earned her trust enough for her to, what?Use him for safety? He wasn't sure, but he knew it was good. He hid the glint in his eye when Timid said 'we', maybe this territory was convincing her. "Theres altitude sickness, but we're kinda lower. And no common predators, really"he mewed insulted, hoping Timid wouldn't start shaking in fear again, (I'm just going to base this territory off somewhere I know that has pine/aspen forests?) he decided not to mention the time he saw mountain lion tracks and a fox den when he first arrived, but that was months ago... "Well, there obviously the pine forest food chain, but I haven't seen anything really dangerous around here. Sometimes there's a herd of deer or elk. I've heard there's been moose and bison sightings. And a bear, but I don't believe that one." He winced, he probably shouldn't have brought up the time he heard of a beat walking through. Either way, black bears were way less dangerous than those "grizzly bears" passers were gossiping about, but he knew grizzly bears didn't live where he was.

Fennec looked at her in interest as she spoke of her healer friend Ryker. So after all there were good cats in the Syndicate, and Timid seemed to pick up some knowledge that could help him if he ever got hurt... of course, if Timid decided to stay in his little area.

Lonely. Fennec stayed world less for a few moments, running the word through his head. Lonely. He wouldn't be lonely if it weren't for the turn of events, he wouldn't be lonely if his mother never did her action, he wouldn't be lonely if His mother wouldnt have unsheathed her claws that day. Everything seemed really against him, determined to leave him lonely. He missed everyone, except for his mother. His father seemed okay, except for the part where he left the three kits in the time of need. Fennec swallowed and blinked, clearing the misty starts of tears in his eyes. "Yeah, sometimes." He nodded, then realized he sounded vauge, "Well ever since my family, I mean, ever since I began to live in my own I've missed my family's company. I've missed talking I them." He avoided his family as much as possible, although the part at the end was true. He did miss talking to his siblings. "So I'm pretty open for giving my place as a shelter, it wouldn't hurt. Right?" he kept his tone light. He should stop rambling, Timid already knew he was just doing a kind gesture for her, he would always find that kind gesture part of him. He remembered the two kits that he guided to find their mother. He thought of Holly and Swift, and how much his siblings needed a kind gesture. He wanted to be the one to give the aid others need, because once he needed it, and no one was around to give it.

Clearing the thoughts from his head, he wondered if he should ask Timid about something. He decided against his thoughts. Slightly, he began to veer right towards the spot he would show Timid. Hopefully, she would enjoy the hideaway as much as he Did the first time he had seen the place. Judging by the way she looked around, all of the colors and sights and sounds would amaze her. Fennec looked down at his feet, he shouldn't be trying to hard to change the she-cats mind, instead, he relaxed his shoulders. All he was doing was a friendly tour for Timid. His steps gained a small bounce to them,"almost there. You'll love this place."

Last edited by Beam; July 21st, 2017 at 03:35 PM.