View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2017, 01:52 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: Fennec's Hideaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam View Post
(oh my gosh you're like the best writer I've ever seen how do you write so well?!:0)
Fennec's ears shifted back as Timid replied. Of course it wasn't easy, that's why it was better not to think about it. But he understood where she was coming from, Fennec had gotten a big distraction from keeping his mind from dwelling over the fact he just left. His lips curling into a small smile as Timid spoke again. He tilted his head, she may have a point there, she seemed to have no scars which suggested she hadn't been in a fight. But still, he couldn't say you could be feared by fights you've been in: maybe Timid was really scary at times, Fennec just didn't know.

Fennec froze when Timid's soft green eyes looked at him again. He had never really looked at her irises up close before. So, his first thought was that her eye color was strikingly pretty: it reminded him of pine needles, in a way.. he shook his head slightly to get him to refocus, but the image of her eyes were still nagging in his head. "But what if you just simply don't go backwithout a catch. Timid, you clearly hate that Dusk Syndicate place."his voice was too rushed and desperate, he cringed as he realized what he must sound like, so he tried to double back and explain [B"]Look, you seem like a nice cat, so I don't want you to suffer while you regret not taking your chance to escape the Syndicate"[/B] His gaze flickered around around, an awkward feeling blossoming in his chest.

His head quickly swiveled to catch what Timid was saying. He frowned: he had no idea where he was going when he left, he sort of just stumbled his way through. "I didn't know where to go. I just found this place. I live here now. I bet you could find a place on your own, too." he nodded, a thought floating into his mind that made his ears fall back slightly. He resisted the urge to speak again, and just listened to what Timid had to say.

He sighed when Timid asked him her question; to be honest, he was slightly disappointed. Timid was practically insisting on getting back to a life she didn't like."Everything, really. I guess I don't mind." his usual sarcastic-tinged tone was flatter and less upbeat. He glanced back at Timid, slowly getting to his paws to walk the short distance back to his home.The previous thought swirled in his mind momentarily. He cleared his throat as a blushing-like feeling spread throughout him. "Well, also, you could always, um...stay with me?"He looked down at his paws quickly, the words just kind of slipped out of his mouth. Slowly he rose his gaze to see Timid's reaction.

He had previously always shared his home with either his parents or siblings, so this whole 'living alone' style was new for him. It wouldn't hurt to have some company, right? Fennec swallowed his awkward feeling, and tried to stand up straighter, his four paws flexing to make small marks in the ground. Just for a small emphasis as well as he was practically stumbling over every thought and action he had and did, he flashed a small smile back to Timid.
{Awwww thank you I LOVE your writing style c; There's a lot of great writers on here, and as you get used to writing, it just develops even more <3 }

Timid felt her ears lay flat against her head. She avoided staring at the tom for the simple fact; she knew he was right, but she also know the battles when it came to living in such an inferno place. The disgrace the cats lived in, and the way they were treated. Everyone was an inferior. Her, especially. Though the commander and the guards were given the highest respect. In all honesty, she felt that he was showing genuine care. That he knew this place was bad, and he was urging her to get away. Timid almost smiled. The key word being; almost. Instead she perked her ears and listened to his words. She found comfort at first, but her nose scrunched up. Why did it sound like he was begging her to not go back? His voice held a desperate edge to it, one that Timid failed to understand for a second. Why did he care if she wanted to go back or...upon his next words, she did understand. He thought she was a nice cat. Too nice to be in a place like that. Though Timid didn't choose that place. It was where she was left to die, but luck brought her to be raised there. Luck...bad luck.

“Well...it's a very strict place...I don't think you would understand.” She shook her head once more, getting to her paws as she continued to observe her surroundings. One thing she was good at? Scenting prey. Predicting what type of animals lingered around in this lush gorgeous piece of land. At first she held her muzzle in the air, getting a whiff of the wind just to make sure the wind wouldn't blow her scent towards any other prey. She had high hopes before she returned back to the Syndicate. She was scared that they might run her off, scare her more than she already was, or even nip at her incessantly with their sharp teeth. That would hurt her, make her even more obedient than she already was. Timid was a helper. When she was given a break from hunting, she often found herself in the healer’s den to help her friend Ryker. He always had been kind to her. Shown her that she had nothing to be afraid of whenever she was with him. She wished the other cats of the Syndicate was more like him. ‘’It’s more about law and order. We follow a strict code so no one has to suffer...but we do everyday. And, I’m scared to leave!’’ Her large eyes appeared widen, her pupils dilating. That was the truth. She was a coward to leave the Syndicate--because what if there was a place much worse than the Syndicate that she stumbled upon? With her ears flattened to her head, the she cat looked down, holding a miserable gaze as her soft paw pads stood upon the delicate dirt. ‘’Until you lived in the Syndicate, you would understand what I mean…’’ her voice was hollow, trailing off as she thought about past events. Living in a life of constant trauma brought her into a rough state of depression, but she knew how to hide it well. Fennec didn’t live in the Syndicate, and she hoped he never would. Even though he seemed to have a rough edge to him, she wouldn’t want him to live in a place that is constant darkness, and having superiors think for you because you are simple puppet following instructions.

At his next words, the she cat seemed to brighten up for a second. She engaged in her surroundings, the fresh scents filling her nostrils. She loved every bit of this place, and it was her first time stumbling across it. She was quite distracted chasing that bird. Birds were a treat within the Syndicate. They hardly come into that dark place. Timid had been determined to catch it. Only...she lost it, and perhaps found something better. A friend...is that what she wanted to call him? ‘’You sure do live in a mighty gorgeous place!’’ She turned back to look at him, giving off a genuine smile. ‘’I wish I could live in a place like this...but, not every cat gets lucky.’’ That was the truth, and this was what Timid knew. She seen cats die, many like herself because they were weak. Timid chose the path to be a hunter, where she would be valued because she caught prey, but those weaklings who wanted to be a fighter? Who had the much courage, the confidence that they would be strong. She even saw a queen kill her own kit because it was a runt. The Syndicate was a...rough place, but it was all that she had known, and she was scared to leave it because she knew that there might be a place much worse than where she was now.

The tom had given her permission to hunt in his territory, and she was grateful for that. She purred at this, and almost instantly began trying to follow a trail. Or, locate anything in the area. She was hoping to find a bird. Perhaps, a starling? Or, did she want a finch? Maybe even a lapwing. A bird sounded tasty, even if she wouldn’t be allowed to eat it, but once she held it in her mouth, she would feel satisfied of the juices coming onto her maw. Timid was ready to take off, get her catch and go back before they noticed she was gone too long, but his next words had caught her--completely off guard. ‘’Stay?’’ She tilted her head, staring up at him with her dark irises. ‘’...With you?’’ Would she really want to stay in a place...such as this? It was beautiful here, but she was still frightened. The Syndicate were hounds, they’ll locate anyone that gone astray. ‘’I don’t know.’’ She felt her whiskers twitching. It was a huge proposal, and one that she felt her heart stopping for a moment. She always had problems with deciding something. She always felt that she would make the wrong decision, but wouldn’t she be much safer with Fennec? Or, what if it was the complete opposite. What if she were a complete burden to him? The she cat staggered backwards for a second upon the thought. ‘’I don’t want to be a regret. It’s so beautiful here--you probably want it to yourself.’’ Her gaze lingered on him as she caught sight of his eyes. ‘’Though I would love it if you showed me around,’’ She tilted he head once more at him. Getting to know the place seemed like a lot of fun to her. Such a beautiful place that she would love to remember. Perhaps...maybe, I’ll change my mind.