View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2017, 11:01 AM
Floating

My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Fennec's Hideaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Timid felt her ears perk up at him as she glanced back up at him with a small smile. His ears were quite as large as a fennec fox, that definitely gave it away as to why he was named after them, and his pelt color was another hint. She still thought it was cool though--his name. It made him appear fearless, but when others heard her name? They could already tell what she was. And, wonder what her timid state brought.

She flicked her ears upon hearing his words. Yet, he was right. She didn’t belong there, but it was the only place she knew. Besides the twoleg place, and that was definitely not the place she wanted to be. Timid didn’t know what she wanted. She was quite indecisive, and she felt comfortable at the tom’s words. But, she also knew he wouldn’t understand why she couldn’t leave. Well, she could leave, but she didn’t have the courage to. She wasn’t like him. She could hunt. She wasn’t a bad hunter, but who would protect her when danger lurked around? Timid could not fight. She knew she would not survive on her own. She was only taught to hunt, and that’s what she lived for.

The small golden cat got to her paws, shifting uncomfortably under the green grass that felt comfortable to her paws. ‘’It’s not that easy.’’ She said, folding her ears back. Of course, she knew she was being used by the fighters. Every one of the hunters were. They were only there to bring food, so their fighters would strengthen up, prepare for another battle if needed. ‘’Do I look like I can be feared?’’ She snorted in amusement, almost laughing but stopping herself. Timid knew she would be anything except Ruthless, and all the synonyms that followed along the word. She had no type of strength in her. She was scared of everything. Everyone knew this, but she was one of the sweetest cats around. Yet, she had no protection, so she tried to keep herself hidden from the hawk’s eye.

‘’I wish I can leave,’’ She looked at him once again, her green eyes softened. ‘’But...I really don’t want to talk about it. If I don’t get back with some type of catch, I’m a goner.’’ She huffed. She was ready to walk further away, but at his voice and his words, Timid pinned her ears once again to her head. He sounded like he knew where she was coming from. She wanted to ask about his past, but figured she would be too nosy in doing so, so she kept her maw shut. ‘’If I don’t go back, where you think I’ll call home?’’ She asked. She couldn’t just up and leave the Syndicate without knowing where she would go.

Badly, the she cat felt that she could trust the tom, but trust was a delicate thing. Easy to lose, hard to gain. Timid was from the Syndicate. She didn’t trust any cat, but she took his words in consideration. Looking back, the she cat could see the hounds of trees, knitted close together creating somewhat of a dark place, of fallen shadows. That’s where she needed to head back, but not now. ‘’Um...what type of prey runs around here? Do you mind if I hunted here to bring something back?’’ She asked, trying to remain polite. Her voice was always soft, sweet, and kind. Especially generous. She had hoped the tom would be nice enough to allow her to hunt on his territory. She knew territory was scarce, and cats didn’t like the fact of sharing. But, she was desperate. Desperate to hold on to a life she wished she wasn’t living.
(oh my gosh you're like the best writer I've ever seen how do you write so well?!:0)
Fennec's ears shifted back as Timid replied. Of course it wasn't easy, that's why it was better not to think about it. But he understood where she was coming from, Fennec had gotten a big distraction from keeping his mind from dwelling over the fact he just left. His lips curling into a small smile as Timid spoke again. He tilted his head, she may have a point there, she seemed to have no scars which suggested she hadn't been in a fight. But still, he couldn't say you could be feared by fights you've been in: maybe Timid was really scary at times, Fennec just didn't know.

Fennec froze when Timid's soft green eyes looked at him again. He had never really looked at her irises up close before. So, his first thought was that her eye color was strikingly pretty: it reminded him of pine needles, in a way.. he shook his head slightly to get him to refocus, but the image of her eyes were still nagging in his head. "But what if you just simply don't go backwithout a catch. Timid, you clearly hate that Dusk Syndicate place."his voice was too rushed and desperate, he cringed as he realized what he must sound like, so he tried to double back and explain [B"]Look, you seem like a nice cat, so I don't want you to suffer while you regret not taking your chance to escape the Syndicate"[/B] His gaze flickered around around, an awkward feeling blossoming in his chest.

His head quickly swiveled to catch what Timid was saying. He frowned: he had no idea where he was going when he left, he sort of just stumbled his way through. "I didn't know where to go. I just found this place. I live here now. I bet you could find a place on your own, too." he nodded, a thought floating into his mind that made his ears fall back slightly. He resisted the urge to speak again, and just listened to what Timid had to say.

He sighed when Timid asked him her question; to be honest, he was slightly disappointed. Timid was practically insisting on getting back to a life she didn't like."Everything, really. I guess I don't mind." his usual sarcastic-tinged tone was flatter and less upbeat. He glanced back at Timid, slowly getting to his paws to walk the short distance back to his home.The previous thought swirled in his mind momentarily. He cleared his throat as a blushing-like feeling spread throughout him. "Well, also, you could always, um...stay with me?"He looked down at his paws quickly, the words just kind of slipped out of his mouth. Slowly he rose his gaze to see Timid's reaction.

He had previously always shared his home with either his parents or siblings, so this whole 'living alone' style was new for him. It wouldn't hurt to have some company, right? Fennec swallowed his awkward feeling, and tried to stand up straighter, his four paws flexing to make small marks in the ground. Just for a small emphasis as well as he was practically stumbling over every thought and action he had and did, he flashed a small smile back to Timid.