View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2017, 08:02 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: Fennec's Hideaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam View Post
Fennec gave a small laugh as Timid informed him about the fennec fox, which he was named after."What gave it away?" he asked playfully. His large cream ears perked up as she explained why she was gushing about them. His tail curled in amausment, but it was quickly set back down when she trailed off.

He couldn't help it but to let out a small sigh of relief when she told him it was not a clan- but it was more like a deep exhale then a sigh. Either way, he was glad he wasn't talking to a Clan cat. But nonetheless, how did she know what a clan was? He shook his head and listened as she went on. "Ruthless.." he echoed quietly , momentarily staring at the ground infront of his paws befor who shifted his gaze back to Timid as she explained further.

He paused for a moment, forming a reply. The 'Dusk Syndicate' didn't seem like the right place for Timid. She didn't seem like she belonged in the middle of a group of so-called evil cats. Fennec watched her shake for a moment, no way was Timid supposed to be part of a Syndicate like that."You don't seem so ruthless. And to me, it seems like those Syndicate Cats are using you. If it were me, I wouldn't go back. Why should you? You obviously hate that place." He nodded no finish off his sentence.

But Fennec knew what Timid felt like- well, possibly knew. All his life he had wanted to leave the place his mother and father had Called his home, but he was scared if he and his sisters would, his parents would come back and find him. There would've been sever consequences to that particular action: if they were caught. Was that wa sTimis was feeling now? Afraid the Dusk Syndicate would punish her for leaving? Fennec remembered the day he left, well, was more dragged out by Holly. His parents were hunting, it was after what happened to Swift, and Holly took off after saying those words to him... Fennec followed her, and after it happened, he just left. It was almost days later when he fully realized he had left his life behind. It was about a moon or two when he settled down here. He had only been under his ferns since new-leaf.

He looked at Timid, "it's better to leave and not think about it. If that place scares you and you despise it, you shouldn't go back. Trust me, it's better that way."

Timid felt her ears perk up at him as she glanced back up at him with a small smile. His ears were quite as large as a fennec fox, that definitely gave it away as to why he was named after them, and his pelt color was another hint. She still thought it was cool though--his name. It made him appear fearless, but when others heard her name? They could already tell what she was. And, wonder what her timid state brought.

She flicked her ears upon hearing his words. Yet, he was right. She didn’t belong there, but it was the only place she knew. Besides the twoleg place, and that was definitely not the place she wanted to be. Timid didn’t know what she wanted. She was quite indecisive, and she felt comfortable at the tom’s words. But, she also knew he wouldn’t understand why she couldn’t leave. Well, she could leave, but she didn’t have the courage to. She wasn’t like him. She could hunt. She wasn’t a bad hunter, but who would protect her when danger lurked around? Timid could not fight. She knew she would not survive on her own. She was only taught to hunt, and that’s what she lived for.

The small golden cat got to her paws, shifting uncomfortably under the green grass that felt comfortable to her paws. ‘’It’s not that easy.’’ She said, folding her ears back. Of course, she knew she was being used by the fighters. Every one of the hunters were. They were only there to bring food, so their fighters would strengthen up, prepare for another battle if needed. ‘’Do I look like I can be feared?’’ She snorted in amusement, almost laughing but stopping herself. Timid knew she would be anything except Ruthless, and all the synonyms that followed along the word. She had no type of strength in her. She was scared of everything. Everyone knew this, but she was one of the sweetest cats around. Yet, she had no protection, so she tried to keep herself hidden from the hawk’s eye.

‘’I wish I can leave,’’ She looked at him once again, her green eyes softened. ‘’But...I really don’t want to talk about it. If I don’t get back with some type of catch, I’m a goner.’’ She huffed. She was ready to walk further away, but at his voice and his words, Timid pinned her ears once again to her head. He sounded like he knew where she was coming from. She wanted to ask about his past, but figured she would be too nosy in doing so, so she kept her maw shut. ‘’If I don’t go back, where you think I’ll call home?’’ She asked. She couldn’t just up and leave the Syndicate without knowing where she would go.

Badly, the she cat felt that she could trust the tom, but trust was a delicate thing. Easy to lose, hard to gain. Timid was from the Syndicate. She didn’t trust any cat, but she took his words in consideration. Looking back, the she cat could see the hounds of trees, knitted close together creating somewhat of a dark place, of fallen shadows. That’s where she needed to head back, but not now. ‘’Um...what type of prey runs around here? Do you mind if I hunted here to bring something back?’’ She asked, trying to remain polite. Her voice was always soft, sweet, and kind. Especially generous. She had hoped the tom would be nice enough to allow her to hunt on his territory. She knew territory was scarce, and cats didn’t like the fact of sharing. But, she was desperate. Desperate to hold on to a life she wished she wasn’t living.