View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Floating

My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Fennec's Hideaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Timid pinned her ears down at the slight tone he was using towards her. She felt that she was making him angry--when she tried hard not to. This she cat liked to leave in one piece. Timid stepped back for a moment, looking around at her surroundings. ''I-I d-din-didn't say y-you were a kit.'' She cleared her throat. Though, in her eyes, he was young. And, it still amazed her how he could survive out in this wild without worrying that something might strike him. Give him a disease. That he would suddenly drop dead. Upon hearing his name, her own ears had shot up, and she almost lifted her tail--something that she definitely did not want to do. She was not the dominant one. So, she refrained herself and allowed her tail to swish lowly under her.

''Fennec!'' She echoed. . ''As in the fennec fox?'' She tilted her head slightly. This had amazed--and amused her. Timid knew a lot about the forest. At least, the species of all sorts of animals. In fact, she could go on and on about the many different species that this wonderful world they shared. However, the world wasn't a wonderful place. It was harsh at the moment where she was located. ''That's so cool! I wish I was named after an animal! The fennec fox has really large ears, you know. They're so cute! And, they mainly come out at night. I know that the fox is an enemy for a cat, but I can't help, but gush about how--oh...right. You want to know about the Syndicate...'' She trailed off.

Timid had heard his other questions, but she was hoping to get out of answering them. The Syndicate was no place to be, in Timid's opinion. Many cats had accepted it being their home. And, Timid was forced to because it was the only place she knew. ''It's not another clan,'' She says, taking a seat on her haunches as she looked at her tail once more. It was still pretty close to her, left askew as her eyes clouded over. ''It's more of a...group where cats are thrown in for their evil ways. It's ruthless!'' She shook he head rapidly, like she was trying to get a fly off her face. Timid had never been to one of the clans before, but she heard stories about them. Good...bad, it didn't matter. It seemed like the clans were the best place to be, considering who she was and her rank within the syndicate. ''It's called the Dusk Syndicate...and I really should get back there. I'm suppose to be hunting to feed the fighters...and if I go back without a catch...I..'' The she cat felt her entire body shaking, and she couldn't even force herself to continue the words. Maybe, it was a bad idea that she was telling him this. On the other hand, Timid felt that she was warning him, trying to save his life to stay away from the ruthless beasts of the inferno.
Fennec gave a small laugh as Timid informed him about the fennec fox, which he was named after."What gave it away?" he asked playfully. His large cream ears perked up as she explained why she was gushing about them. His tail curled in amausment, but it was quickly set back down when she trailed off.

He couldn't help it but to let out a small sigh of relief when she told him it was not a clan- but it was more like a deep exhale then a sigh. Either way, he was glad he wasn't talking to a Clan cat. But nonetheless, how did she know what a clan was? He shook his head and listened as she went on. "Ruthless.." he echoed quietly , momentarily staring at the ground infront of his paws befor who shifted his gaze back to Timid as she explained further.

He paused for a moment, forming a reply. The 'Dusk Syndicate' didn't seem like the right place for Timid. She didn't seem like she belonged in the middle of a group of so-called evil cats. Fennec watched her shake for a moment, no way was Timid supposed to be part of a Syndicate like that."You don't seem so ruthless. And to me, it seems like those Syndicate Cats are using you. If it were me, I wouldn't go back. Why should you? You obviously hate that place." He nodded no finish off his sentence.

But Fennec knew what Timid felt like- well, possibly knew. All his life he had wanted to leave the place his mother and father had Called his home, but he was scared if he and his sisters would, his parents would come back and find him. There would've been sever consequences to that particular action: if they were caught. Was that wa sTimis was feeling now? Afraid the Dusk Syndicate would punish her for leaving? Fennec remembered the day he left, well, was more dragged out by Holly. His parents were hunting, it was after what happened to Swift, and Holly took off after saying those words to him... Fennec followed her, and after it happened, he just left. It was almost days later when he fully realized he had left his life behind. It was about a moon or two when he settled down here. He had only been under his ferns since new-leaf.

He looked at Timid, "it's better to leave and not think about it. If that place scares you and you despise it, you shouldn't go back. Trust me, it's better that way."