View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2017, 12:06 AM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Kila's Wanderings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero to Hero View Post

West was surprised she hadn't noticed his tense and standoffish tone and posture, and was kind of grateful she hadn't. He honestly didn't want to scare her off. A part of him wanted to turn on his heels and high-tail it out of there and away from her, but another part of him wanted to know more about her. He was angry at himself more than he was angry at her, but now he was determined to find something about her to turns off these feelings. She can't be perfect! I'm only feeling this way because she's pretty! Admitting that, even though it was only in his thoughts, made him feel almost nauseous.

He couldn't decide what to do; leave or find something about her to, hopefully, dislike and help him get her out of his mind. However, apparently his fate was already sealed when she began to actually make small talk. He was reaching all kinds of milestones with socializing today, and would be pleased with himself it if wasn't for these confusing and un-wanted feelings. He forced himself to be in denial. There could be no way that he'd get attached to somebody only to loose them once more! Loosing his mother had wrecked him for moons; and there the loses only built from there. Even South had stayed with ThunderClan instead of sticking around with him! He tried to focus, pushing everything but his goal from his mind. His blue eyes, only a little too wide and focused, stared intently into her amber hues. Small talk, her question... right. I got this. If cats could sweat, he'd be making a puddle by now. However, he was good at playing it cool and keeping his steely, "I don't care' look in place without wavering. I mean, he had been doing such for a long time.

"I, uh, didn't learn," He meowed, telling the truth. "I wanted the squirrel, and just jumped and made it... I guess." The tom sounded so lame to his own ears, but he pushed away how frustrated that made him feel in order to keep his focus. "I bet you could make it if you just tried. You seem strong and graceful-" He chocked on his next words, stopping awkwardly in the sentence. Really, West??? A compliment? That was when he really figured out that something was majorly wrong with him. That's it, I'm stopping this. Even though he wanted nothing more than to stay, he needed to get away, and he would if she let him. "I should be going," He bent, about to pick up his prey.
Kila did notice how uneasy he seemed, and flicked an ear, blinking at him through almost blank amber eyes. Almost blank. There was some emotion in her eyes, but it was completely unreadable. She wanted to find some way to hate this cat. Wanted to find some way to turn him into an enemy... But... She couldnt. Why couldnt she? What was wrong with her? Why was she becoming so smitten over a Tom she hardly knew? The she-cat took a breath and shook her head, gazing at him.

When he finally answered her question, Kila flicked an ear. "Oh," Was all she said, blinking at him. That was even more impressive - He just did it right off without thinking. Reckless, but impressive. In some ways, West reminded Kila of herself. And of... Kiyu. Recalling the she-cat's unafraid nature made Kila want to smile. Kiyu had taught Kila everything she knew - Besides building up her walls. No, those walls were of Kila's own making. To avoid hurt, she avoided caring. Remembering Kiyu now, had her remembering why those walls were there. To protect her from.. This.

His compliment made her heart speed up, for some reason. Strong and graceful. Kila blinked, watching him curiously. Kila was strong, yes, but she wasnt exactly graceful. Not like he was, anyway. "Certainly not like you." She echoed her thoughts, blinking. "That was quite a jump." Though she had given up flirting, the compliment seemed to find its way out of her mouth on its own accord. She grimaced for a second, but shook it off.

The golden she-cat pricked her ears when he said he had to go, trying desperately not to feel disappointed. "I see." She murmured. "Well, it was nice meeting you... I hope to see you around." She wanted to hang out with him longer. She wanted to follow him and talk to him and get to know him. She wanted him to change his mind and instead stay and hang out with her... But she didnt. She wanted the thoughts to stop. She wanted the feelings to stop. She wanted not to care. Goodness, she was in quite of a bind, wasnt she?

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust