View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2017, 11:57 PM
AHHH

Bump Policy: As much as you want lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Kila's Wanderings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Melchester View Post
Kila watched him, allowing her eyes to flick over his pelt, then back at his eyes. Such a bright blue... Kila loved that color, really. Like the sky... Goodness, Kila, shut up! She thought, biting back a growl at herself. Already, she was beginning to feel something strange in her stomach, watching him. It was a feeling she should run from. A feeling she never wanted to feel. Kiyu's death had taken a toll on her. Losing some of her siblings, her parents, had taken its toll on her. This Tom? Kila was beginning to warm up to him. She didnt like that, not at all. Kila was not the type of she-cat to warm up to someone this quick. For a second, she wondered whether to drop the flirty act. It just felt too... Genuine with him. It scared her.

"West." Kila echoed, the name rolling right off of her tongue in a curious manner. Her amber gaze held his blue ones. In her head, she was repeating his name over and over again. It sounded so natural to her. That scared her more. Kila couldnt feel like this. She wasnt allowed to feel like this. Get a grip, girl, unless you're dying to cry your heart out! She scolded herself mentally. "Well, its... Nice... To meet you."

The she-cat tore her gaze away and looked back at the sky, her amber eyes flickering. But she quickly forced a blank expression. The sky was blue, the clouds were fluffy. White fluffy clouds, like West's fur. And bright blue eyes... Kila snapped her jaw shut tight and turned her gaze away. Some part of her knew she'd always think of West now when she looked at the sky... Another part of her wanted to shove this cat into the back of her mind and forget about him.

But she also wanted to get to know him. No! I dont! Now she was angry with herself, and him. For allowing herself to fall for him so quickly. Him for being so... So... Him. What was so special about him that Kila found so interesting? The she-cat had no idea. She almost didnt hear him speak again, so lost in her thoughts. Flicking an ear, she let her gaze flicker back to him, tilting her head. "Oh, no. Nothing." She blinked, watching him. The squirrel seemed to have slipped her mind at that point, not worried about the prey. "I was just hunting, then I saw you.." She trailed off, and took a deep breath. "How'd you learn to jump like that, Slick?" The words came out in a near rush, and she was somewhat surprised at herself. Kila never made small talk. She knew if Tide was here, her best friend would tease her endlessly... But Tide wasnt here. It was just her and West. Just us. The words ran through her head, and she had to bite her tongue to keep from growling again.

Stop thinking like that, Kilana!

West was surprised she hadn't noticed his tense and standoffish tone and posture, and was kind of grateful she hadn't. He honestly didn't want to scare her off. A part of him wanted to turn on his heels and high-tail it out of there and away from her, but another part of him wanted to know more about her. He was angry at himself more than he was angry at her, but now he was determined to find something about her to turns off these feelings. She can't be perfect! I'm only feeling this way because she's pretty! Admitting that, even though it was only in his thoughts, made him feel almost nauseous.

He couldn't decide what to do; leave or find something about her to, hopefully, dislike and help him get her out of his mind. However, apparently his fate was already sealed when she began to actually make small talk. He was reaching all kinds of milestones with socializing today, and would be pleased with himself it if wasn't for these confusing and un-wanted feelings. He forced himself to be in denial. There could be no way that he'd get attached to somebody only to loose them once more! Loosing his mother had wrecked him for moons; and there the loses only built from there. Even South had stayed with ThunderClan instead of sticking around with him! He tried to focus, pushing everything but his goal from his mind. His blue eyes, only a little too wide and focused, stared intently into her amber hues. Small talk, her question... right. I got this. If cats could sweat, he'd be making a puddle by now. However, he was good at playing it cool and keeping his steely, "I don't care' look in place without wavering. I mean, he had been doing such for a long time.

"I, uh, didn't learn," He meowed, telling the truth. "I wanted the squirrel, and just jumped and made it... I guess." The tom sounded so lame to his own ears, but he pushed away how frustrated that made him feel in order to keep his focus. "I bet you could make it if you just tried. You seem strong and graceful-" He chocked on his next words, stopping awkwardly in the sentence. Really, West??? A compliment? That was when he really figured out that something was majorly wrong with him. [I]That's it, I'm stopping this.[/] Even though he wanted nothing more than to stay, he needed to get away, and he would if she let him. "I should be going," He bent, about to pick up his prey.

I am here but not really rping too much at the moment. If you wanna chat, feel free to send me a visitor message on my profile!