View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2017, 11:38 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Kila's Wanderings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero to Hero View Post

West returned his gaze to her after catching movement from the corner of his eyes, tensing for a moment but relaxing back to normal when she stayed a respectful distance away. For a moment, he honestly couldn't tell if he was being protective of his prey, or if he was afraid to be near her. He regretted brushing past her the moment he had done it because now all he could smell was her; she smelt like flowers and something he couldn't describe without sounding wayyy too cheesy. He mentally shook his head and convinced himself that he was just protective of his meal. The tom almost growled at himself, but stopped the rumbling before it was loud enough to be heard.

He held her aze even as she batted her pretty - she's not pretty! eyes at him. He blinked back at her in response, looking slightly standoffish as he stood over his dead squirrel. The lonor did his best to ignore the nickname once more, but didn't have a hard time since he was able to focus on her name more. He was a bit surprised this conversation hadn't turned sour yet, maybe he was actually doing a respectiful job at socializing for once! "I'm..." He hesitated a moment, not sure if he wanted to tell her yet. However, he smiled slightly at his own hesitance, knowing that was such a stupid thing to hesitate about when he did many scarier things. "...West."

The proper thing to say would be 'it's nice to meet you,' but if he was being honest with himself this whole interaction was an inconvience. He was wasting time even though he had much more than he needed, and the more he interacted with her, the more she would stick in his mind... and he definitely didn't want that... or did he? Ugh!! His own mixed feelings turned his mood sour, and his small smile turned into a scowl even though she hadn't done anything wrong. "Is there something you need from me, Kila?" Her named rolled off his tongue smoothly, and he kinda liked how it sounded, which only made him angrier at himself and at her.
Kila watched him, allowing her eyes to flick over his pelt, then back at his eyes. Such a bright blue... Kila loved that color, really. Like the sky... Goodness, Kila, shut up! She thought, biting back a growl at herself. Already, she was beginning to feel something strange in her stomach, watching him. It was a feeling she should run from. A feeling she never wanted to feel. Kiyu's death had taken a toll on her. Losing some of her siblings, her parents, had taken its toll on her. This Tom? Kila was beginning to warm up to him. She didnt like that, not at all. Kila was not the type of she-cat to warm up to someone this quick. For a second, she wondered whether to drop the flirty act. It just felt too... Genuine with him. It scared her.

"West." Kila echoed, the name rolling right off of her tongue in a curious manner. Her amber gaze held his blue ones. In her head, she was repeating his name over and over again. It sounded so natural to her. That scared her more. Kila couldnt feel like this. She wasnt allowed to feel like this. Get a grip, girl, unless you're dying to cry your heart out! She scolded herself mentally. "Well, its... Nice... To meet you."

The she-cat tore her gaze away and looked back at the sky, her amber eyes flickering. But she quickly forced a blank expression. The sky was blue, the clouds were fluffy. White fluffy clouds, like West's fur. And bright blue eyes... Kila snapped her jaw shut tight and turned her gaze away. Some part of her knew she'd always think of West now when she looked at the sky... Another part of her wanted to shove this cat into the back of her mind and forget about him.

But she also wanted to get to know him. No! I dont! Now she was angry with herself, and him. For allowing herself to fall for him so quickly. Him for being so... So... Him. What was so special about him that Kila found so interesting? The she-cat had no idea. She almost didnt hear him speak again, so lost in her thoughts. Flicking an ear, she let her gaze flicker back to him, tilting her head. "Oh, no. Nothing." She blinked, watching him. The squirrel seemed to have slipped her mind at that point, not worried about the prey. "I was just hunting, then I saw you.." She trailed off, and took a deep breath. "How'd you learn to jump like that, Slick?" The words came out in a near rush, and she was somewhat surprised at herself. Kila never made small talk. She knew if Tide was here, her best friend would tease her endlessly... But Tide wasnt here. It was just her and West. Just us. The words ran through her head, and she had to bite her tongue to keep from growling again.

Stop thinking like that, Kilana!

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust