View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2023, 08:42 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssopelagic View Post
Moorpaw remained behind Leechscar, avoiding bumping into the warrior as he pushed apart the grass, the path he'd made making it easy for her to travel through without getting grass up her nose.
She carefully crept to his side as he stooped low, mimicking his posture.
Her eyes quickly landed on the finch, happily munching away on something on the ground.
Even as she turned to listen to Leechscar, she kept the bird in her pereferal vision.
With a nod, the apprentice crept forward, resisting the urge to nervously flick her tail.
Something about trying to hunt on her own in front of the warrior just.... made her anxious. She had no idea why.
She was careful to avoid the grass, creeping closer to the bird.
Moorpaw paused for a moment, legs bunching up as she calculated the force needed, and then launched herself. Her trajectory trapped the now startled bird beneath her front paws.
She dug her claws in to keep it from flying, and snapped its neck, the birds screech muffled by the way she'd stuffed its head in her maw.
When it was still, she turned to face Leechscar, bird head still between her teeth.

[ @Undertaker ]

Leechscar kept a keen eye on the she-cat as she began making her way towards the bird nice and slow. He noticed the nervous twitch of her tail but made no comment about it. She did great with the first hare, he was certain she'd do great here as well so long as she heeded his words. She crouched, waited, and then pounced landing right on top of the bird before it could even think of flying off. Leechscar relaxed the muscles he had been tensing and listed himself out of his crouch. The larger tom padded over to Moorpaw with a faint smile on his maw. "Purrfect, I am such an awesome teacher. I even shock myself sometimes." The warrior continued teasing the she-cat since clearly she wouldn't have made the catch without him.

"But really, you did great. You'll make a splendid hunter." He added more seriously. He was momentarily distracted by the rustling of some tall grass and turned his head towards it. "Give me one moment." The tom meowed, padding off in the direction of the movement. He lowered himself into a hunting crouch and vanished in between the tall grass, returning a few heartbeats later with a vole hanging by its tail from his maw.

"I'll grab the hare and we can head back to camp." He told her after returning to Moorpaw. He padded back the way they had come to fetch the hare. With the hare and vole in his grasp, he glances at Moorpaw to make sure she was keeping up with him and then heads back to camp so they could drop these off.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder