View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2018, 04:03 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: WindClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical View Post

Weaselshade just sat there, letting Fawnfern think. He didn't really bother trying to annoy her anymore. He found that the only time he really did something mean to her anymore was if she started an argument. So maybe that was all the time but it was never his fault. It was hers. She started arguments a lot and Weaselshade had to admit the first few times he'd seen her calm and the first time she'd been nice to him he'd been shocked. But he was good with her being a friend. Despite her feisty irritating personality she was really nice to hang out with. He couldn't really blame her for thinking he had disliked her name since they had been so rude to each other just one or two moons before. And that wasn't just during arguments. That was all the time. If he had been in her position he probably would have thought that to. But he had never judged her for being a kittypet, or for her name so it was kind of strange that she might ask, or actually care what he thought anyway. Though he had never understood why she had held onto her name he hadn't judged. He hadn't understood because though he wasn't full clan he had been raised since he was a young kit to be a clan cat. He knew how to hunt and fight just like a warrior. Even if he might have been a kittypet just like her. "Is it really that bad?" he asked, slightly shocked at what she said. Weaselshade had known that Fawnfern was disliked by many because she was a kittypet but he never expected that the cats acted like she had murdered WindClan's leader. She was a clan cat now, she lived in a clan, she had a clan name, she was raising clan kits. Was she exaggerating? Maybe she was just angry and exaggerating, but if it was real the thought troubled him. When she spoke again, Weaselshade smiled. He heard the playful note in her voice and knew that if he said something happily back it might take her mind away from her new name and the cats who teased her. "Why not? Let's find you a mate and you can go learn how to be a warrior." He teased, smiling at the she-cat. He knew that she didn't want to be a warrior, she was happy where she was in the nursery. And he definitely wasn't going to try and convince her to learn to be a warrior. He didn't know if she wanted a mate, but neither of those things mattered. He was just hoping that she might get happier if she was at least happy enough to tease him back.
Fawnfern has shrugged it off. She was exaggerating a little but clean cats were prideful felines. If you weren’t clan born, they’ll make a fuss out of it! “More or less.” She said, quietly. Fawnfern knew she could handle a little bit of taunting from immature Windclan cats. She was feline who died multiple occasions and was simultaneously brought back alive. She drowned. She was burned. She was electrocuted. She faced it all as an experimental feline so many moons ago. If she had to say which life was better now, it would have to be this one. She lived in a thriving clan, and she had kits! That was the most exciting part about her life that she loved dearly. Her kits were happy here...so she should be too. They would make wonder warriors. It was a lot better to be warriors than an experiment to satisfy the curiosity of horrible twolegs, in her opinion. “But, a few teasing words is something I can handle.” She quickly added, proudly. A few taunting words was kitten’s play. She was too feisty in the first place just to allow anyone to walk all over her. “I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong, though.” She let out an exasperated sigh. “I contribute to the clan by caring for kits and the queens. I’m not a fighter,” she paused, feeling a bit dejected. She felt overwhelmed to constantly prove herself to a bunch of cats of - in the end - didn’t matter to her. As selfish as it may sound, there were cats she cared for more than others. “I have three wonderful kits that’ll be strong warriors someday. I provided those kits to serve Windclan. What more do they want from me?” She asked. The real question should had been; what more could she do? She doubted Weaselshade could give her the right answers. He’d probably pity her. That was something she didn’t need on top of her problems. When he teased her back, Fawnfern was a little surprised. She stepped back a moment out of shock. “So, you’re playing matchmaker now?” Weaselshade telling her that they should find her a mate...it made her feel...well, it didn’t sound like a bad idea. Every cat wanted a companion at some point in their life. At the rate she was going in her clan, Fawnfern doubted that she found any tom’s eyes she caught. “As tempting as it sounds, I think I’m gonna pass. I’m still nursing kits. Besides, I doubt a tom would want to deal with a queen who’s nursing another tom’s kits right now.” Fawnfern concludes with a twitch of her whiskers. His suggestion that she could learn how to be a warrior, made her laugh. Fawnfern didn’t believe in her fighting or hunting skills. She never hunted or fought a day in her life! She wasn’t going to start now. “If you think I’m about to be a warrior; try again.” She brushed the tip of her tail on his shoulder. Her eyes traveled around the room until they landed on three familiar figures that made her heart bounce happily. “I like being a queen. It’s the most important job in the clan, you know. Queens raise the future of the clan.” Fawnfern says. She believed this truly as without queens, no future warriors would be provided. It’s true that warriors fight and hunt daily but the queen had the tough job of raising and weaning her kits. It reminded Fawnfern that her own kits were almost easy to be weaned. “I do plan on having another one, y’know.” Her voice was a little distance as she continued to watch her small ones. “When they’re apprentices...or newly made warriors. I would love to nurse another litter...” she smiled, dreamily as if she could see the future already. The problem with that was finding another partner. Right now, she didn’t let it deter her. In the future, things always got better.

Last edited by Brilliance; February 23rd, 2018 at 04:03 PM.