View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: Mud, Blood, and a Flash Flood

@king kaleb!

Nightpaw padded along with her clanmates in silence, keeping close to Daydream. The medicine cat had returned the Shadowclan camp after a long, long walk that had started to make Nightpaw worry if her friend was ok. It turned out, she had been right to worry. Daydream had returned to camp about as far from ok as a cat could get, and had shared the horrible truth that Geckoleaf, Juniperpaw's old mentor and Daydream's closest friend... practically a parent, had died at Daydream's paws. Since then, the usually grouchy but soft-hearted cat had been...broken somehow. Nightpaw had been at a loss trying to comfort them. Nothing she said could make this better. She couldn't say or do anything to bring Geckoleaf back, or even stop her friend's pain... As they walked, Nightpaw kept her tail draped over Daydream's back, sparing the occasional worried, sideways glance at the enby as she tried to hold the utter helplessness she felt gnawing away at her insides. Daydream... can't I do anything to help? It's just not fair that this keeps happening to you... I'd fight away your grief with my own claws and teeth if I could. Just then, the scent of Thunderclan caught the young shecat's nose, and she lifted her head, trying to spot then in the dim light. A sudden breeze swept past her face and nearly blew her ears inside out as she did and she squeezed. It smelled like rain was coming.