View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2016, 02:07 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Streamstone

@Duskflight

Like many of the other times he'd done ceremonies, Bucknight wasn't in the mood. In a rare change of events, it had nothing to do with the bland, repetitive ritual.

The scent of smoke and burnt wood still clung heavily in the air, a reminder of the fire and the pain it wrought, and Buck dragged himself onto the Streamstone. Rain may have extinguished the flames, but it did nothing to sate the hollow ache in his chest when he looked in the direction of ThunderClan.

"All those old enough to swim, gather beneath the Streamstone for a clan meeting!"

His voice rang out across the clearing, and the young leader straightened his stance. "Today, I have some important news to follow the promotion of an apprentice. So, without further ado - Hickorypaw, please come forward!"

"You have completed your training, and qualify for your warrior name. Hickorypaw, from this moment forth you will be known as Hickoryshine in honor of your passion and loyalty. We welcome you as a full warrior of RiverClan."

Taking a break to allow congratulations to be declared, he continued.

"In other news, it is time for change. I know many of you have been anxious with my leadership, but I can assure you your fears will be assuaged. I am not your enemy. I shun StarClan for their inaction - they demand we follow their lifestyle, but what have they done for us? We've dutifully followed them for generations without reward, and they collect our spirits like sheep in a pen. We're enslaved, and those that rise up against them are punished for sharing a different frame of mind."

"Which is why I am here. Otterstar's death was a tragic accident, but it has given us the opportunity to rise against the spirits that control us. From this moment forth, RiverClan will be walking under the guidance of the Dark Forest. Those who wish to oppose this decree will serve their days manually working for the clan - you will be fed once a day, with the remainder of the time going towards hunting and maintaining the camp. It's the least you deserve for condoning the enslavement of your fellow species. For condoning ignorance and the murder of our kits. Our apprentices, our brothers and sisters. StarClan takes, and takes, and like you they do not give back to the clans. Following them is a selfish action for those with no ambition. For my fellow comrades in arms, you will be the guards. The drivers. You maintain control over the star-lovers, and if they step out of line - if they become insubordinate, I am giving you the freedom to decide their fate. Whether it be torture, maiming, killing .. it's up to your imagination."

Power could be wielded in ways beyond outright executions, and unlike his associates he didn't see a need to waste lives when they could be forced onto the fields.

Last edited by BEAR.; November 29th, 2016 at 02:07 AM.