View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2018, 10:33 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingle jel View Post
A small nod from the white she-cat, and Nightpaw had begun the terrifying story. Shivering herself at the image, she pressed herself against her friend, to comfort her and to warm her up a bit. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that. No one your age should ever, ever have to- wait. You have nightmares about that? How long have you been having them? I hope not since the attack." Well aware she was blabbering, mostly due to concern for her best friend, Snowpaw closed her jaws, worry written on her features an in her green eyes.
Nightpaw stilled a little as the warmth of her friend’s fur pressed against her own. Then Snowpaw asked the one question she’d been afraid would come up. The black shecat’s ears pressed against her head, and with eyes brimming with shame as well as tears, she met her friend’s concerned gaze. “I thought they’d go away...” she confessed, “but they didn’t. They’ve been worse since the gathering. Now it’s almost every night...” the little shecat’s voice quavered as she struggled to contain her tears, already rolling down her face. “I was so scared,” she whispered. “I thought... I thought it was gonna...” hard as she tried she couldn’t bring herself to say the words that haunted her thoughts about what might have happened that day if her frantic, flailing claws hadn’t managed to hit something the dog disliked enough to drop her and give her her only chance to run for her life.