View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang's glance darted between the apprentice's face and her shoulder. "Maybe," he conceded. "Sometimes when a cat gets hurt in a way that makes a body part swell, it makes it hard to feel things below that body part. I'm hoping that if theirs some swelling in your shoulder, the mint will help." It all sounded like it made perfect sense, even as he said it. But even while he was applying the herb, he didn't see swelling. "Are you able to stand on it at all?" he asked the younger cat, managing to keep his worry at bay. He didn't need to assume the worse just yet. Her leg could be perfectly fine.
Oakpaw listened with intent, eyes shining. That hope that once sparked was now being kindled by his words. There was no way it could be false hope! ..Right? Oakpaw blinked as he asked if she could stand on her leg. Here it was. The ultimate test. The brown molly used her other foreleg to sit herself up, grunting with effort, and then stood up fully using her back legs. At least she could stand if all else fails. Oakpaw then attempted to flatten her paw on the ground. When she did, it looked awkward and broken. A twinge of fear entered her mind, but Oakpaw shook it off. Not now. She slowly put weight on it. Suddenly, her whole world came crashing down. Her paw bent to the side, and she fell over. And like that, her hope that burned like fire was blown away. Oakpaw lie still for a moment, staring at nothing in particular, and began to feel defeated. "No," she murmured. "I am not able to stand on it." Oakpaw rolled herself back over after a few tries, and stared at the ground.