View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2019, 04:29 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Default Re: ThunderClan | RiverClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno View Post
Beetlepaw simply raised an incredulous brow and shook her head exhaustedly at her mentor. He was so.. awkward and tactless. It was just too easy to get under his fur- like taunting a kitten. Kits got flustered quicker than a mad badger, but even they’d throw back some childish insults. Rosenose’s retorts were weightless and half-hearted and it annoyed her that an adult could be so spineless. So dull and boring.. If this was his clever attempt at deterring her, she’d admit he was doing well. But Rosenose struck her as more of a.. forthright person. A simple, if not guileless kind of cat. Not someone tricky enough to pull that kind of reverse psychology. It might have seemed pretty uncharacteristic of her, but Beetlepaw was surprisingly receptive of others. Though somehow at the same time she still managed to be callous..

Wait!” She suddenly exploded, spinning around to face him. “Are you saying I can cross it?! You’ll let me?! You aren’t yanking my tail?!” She frantically scanned his expression, looking for any hints of sarcasm. Did she misread him? Was he just humoring her? Maybe she jumped to conclusions.. Maybe he would let her do it just so he could report her to Lionstar. Yeah, that was definitely it. Even if she protested, Lionstar would believe him over her.
Rosenose's face contorted for a moment, squished into an expression of uncertainty while he looked between his apprentice and the border. "Uhm.... Er....." He mumbled to himself, before continuing, "Maybe going all the way over is too much, but we can both put a paw over to... see what the territory feels like - YEAH!" Almost instantly, the warrior seemed to perk up, his face coy as though he had just solved every mystery in the universe.

"A learning experience! We will both put our paws over the border on three, ok? One, two, three!" At his count, Rosenose stuck a dainty paw over the invisible border, his eyes scrunched closed in hopes that Beetlepaw indulged in the stupid idea as well. Otherwise, he would look like a big idiot. Slowly, he opened an eye to see what the other had done.

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart