View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2017, 08:53 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubinaito View Post
Nightshade nodded simply as Willowpaw responded, continuing down the path. Her mind didn't wander, as it was rude for a lady to have her thoughts on other things; however, she didn't notice that Willowpaw's mind had drifted to thoughts of her siblings and didn't make a move to correct it as a result. Her ear flicked slightly, the only sign that she had heard Willowpaw's question as she considered how Willowpaw was doing thus far. "You're doing adequately, Willowpaw." She finally said, keeping on the path and her eyes focused ahead. "Which, I might add, is better than I expect from the average apprentice at your age." She added, again stating it as a fact rather than sounding like she was praising the young cat. The sound of a river alerted Nightshade to where they were in the territory, and her head turned ever so slightly to the side. "Here is our first stop." She moved forward slightly, using her paw to part away some branches for Willowpaw so that the smaller feline could see what Nightshade could. "That river in the distance is the main hunting grounds for RiverClan. We are at the very edge of ShadowClan territory here. Now, as a quick little test, can you separate the RiverClan scent from the ShadowClan?" She asked, looking over at Willowpaw expectantly. She knew it was likely that Willowpaw could since ShadowClan had spent a while in the RiverClan territory.
Willowpaw half smiled. She was grateful for the statement, but she now realized it sounded too much like a statement than a praise. Willowpaw continued on with the molly ahead of her, but came to an abrupt stop as Nightshade stopped. Her white paws padded up beside her mentor, careful not to pass the invisible border. Willowpaw acknowledged her question with a nod as she was already smelling the RiverClan air. She could easily distinguish ShadowClan and RiverClan as she had spent a moon or two with them during the Flood. She had always hated the fish, but she had to eat. "RiverClan has a fishy smell while ShadowClan has a more earthy, pine tree smell," she responded as-a-matter-of-factly. Willowpaw stared at the invisible line, trying to imagine it. She had to know exactly where the border was in the future, or she would likely stir up drama in the Clans. Willowpaw shuddered at the thought. She wanted to stand out, but not like that. Trying to get back on track, Willowpaw tried to imagine the scents of the other Clans. She was sure she wouldn't have to worry about SkyClan's. She knew they were far from the Clans. ThunderClan... she could imagine that they too had an earthy smell. She heard the cats hunt in the undergrowth. Ugh. Imagine having burrs in your pelt every day. Then there was WindClan. Perhaps they would smell like.. smell like.. Willowpaw frowned. She couldn't think of a smell! Oh well, she thought. I'm sure I'll know it when I smell it. Willowpaw looked back at her mentor, awaiting further instruction.