View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2017, 08:29 PM

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
(It's no problem! And I'm pretty sure Nightshade said RC border.)

Willowpaw's eyes shimmered with joy that she had gotten it right. Despite Nightshade's monotone approval, her mentor's praise felt just as special. The tabby listened closely as Nightshade spoke about balance. Flick tail slightly when I jump, she relayed in her head, taking a mental note. "Got it," she responded, half to herself. Willowpaw glanced behind her. Where were her siblings now? Was Berrypaw doing okay? Her twin might've scared off his mentor before they had a chance to train. Willowpaw almost giggled to herself. Owlpaw was surely out trying to stalk, and Hollypaw was most likely chatting his mentor up. Hollypaw was shy, but he would talk when he got excited. Willowpaw blinked as Nightshade continued down the trail. She trotted after her, remembering to keep her movements graceful and balanced. "How am I doing so far?"
Nightshade nodded simply as Willowpaw responded, continuing down the path. Her mind didn't wander, as it was rude for a lady to have her thoughts on other things; however, she didn't notice that Willowpaw's mind had drifted to thoughts of her siblings and didn't make a move to correct it as a result. Her ear flicked slightly, the only sign that she had heard Willowpaw's question as she considered how Willowpaw was doing thus far. "You're doing adequately, Willowpaw." She finally said, keeping on the path and her eyes focused ahead. "Which, I might add, is better than I expect from the average apprentice at your age." She added, again stating it as a fact rather than sounding like she was praising the young cat. The sound of a river alerted Nightshade to where they were in the territory, and her head turned ever so slightly to the side. "Here is our first stop." She moved forward slightly, using her paw to part away some branches for Willowpaw so that the smaller feline could see what Nightshade could. "That river in the distance is the main hunting grounds for RiverClan. We are at the very edge of ShadowClan territory here. Now, as a quick little test, can you separate the RiverClan scent from the ShadowClan?" She asked, looking over at Willowpaw expectantly. She knew it was likely that Willowpaw could since ShadowClan had spent a while in the RiverClan territory.