View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2017, 07:57 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

When the white feline greeted him, Honeythistle simply stared on, his greenish yellow gaze piercing through her, and a grim line of a smile appeared on his maw. He made no sudden movement, just the sound of his breathing made his ears twitch. Honeythistle had the right to be angry with her; she hunted. She knew the rules! He repeated her words, "You wanted a snack," he paused, making sure that they both were consuming this information. "But, you couldn't find me," Another pause. "So, you found one yourself?" His voice sounded calm, but if noted correctly, it held that eerie poisonous emotion that he knew would blow up into rage. "You could had looked for me!" The silver tom yelled, his pelt bristling every which way. The calm before the storm was over, he was overreacting. Anyone around them could see that much. Yet, everyone around them could not throw their two cents in. This was their relationship, their business alone. She was his mate, and though he didn't control excessively of what she thought or what she did, common sense was that she listened to him. Honeythistle didn't know why it was taking her so long to comprehend the rules. She was still independent - yes. But, she was still dependent on him. Unfortunately, he fell in love with this wide-eyed, blue-eyed, angelically white-furred beauty. He was crazy about her. She drove him insane, sometimes. Honeythistle resided to pacing for a moment, first staring down at the catch, and shaking his head. "I prefer not." He growled, then proceeded to move back and forth as he thought about what he was gonna do with this molly. It dawned on him, that earlier he claimed her as his mate - yet, she was not. At least, not yet. She accepted the rules, but she did not pay much respect towards him. Was that because she was not his full time mate? Perhaps, so. Honeythistle stopped his pacing, staring at Cloudstrike with a thoughtful expression. The quicker she became his mate, the quicker he could get her...situated. In the right direction. "Cloudstrike," he paused, staring at her solemnly. "Do you remember what I taught you? Do you remember what I expect of you and from you?"
Cloudstrike saw Honeythistle’s angry eyes and melted in on herself. Hopefully if she looked as apologetic as possible, he wouldn’t get too angry. Her words sounded mousebrained when he repeated them and all Cloudstrike could do was nod timidly. She wasn’t one for picking up on tone, but no one could mistake the tom’s anger when he started yelling. Cloudstrike crouched down and pinned her ears back, bracing herself in the wave of Honeythistle’s fury. His fur was puffed up to the point where Cloudstrike felt it might reach out and touch her. He started thinking and Cloudstrike couldn’t tell if he was thinking about why he’d ever entered into a relationship with her and regretting it, or if he was thinking about why she just couldn’t understand, or what to do with her. Whichever he was thinking about, Cloudstrike felt an odd sense of guilt. She felt as if she’d let Honeythistle down and she didn’t like it. Obviously, offering her catch wasn’t the right move, as he didn’t appear to appreciate the offer. Honeythistle has started pacing and Cloudstrike couldn’t help but feel like she was awaiting some gruesome fate. The white feline remained silent, waiting for her condemnation without a word in order to not provoke Honeythistle anymore. She almost flinched when he said her name but instead fixed him with innocent doe eyes and nodded. “I remember, Honeythistle! I thought it was fine at first, but I can see that it was wrong now. I’m sorry.” Hopefully her apology would sufficiently appease the angry tom.