View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2017, 11:01 PM
chirps

Default Re: January Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post
The thought of meeting other apprentices kind of scared him. He was a pretty antisocial cat. He had tried many times before within his own clan but failed. So he had stopped trying so hard. He preferred to stick close to the few that he knew. Like Larkflight, or Summerpaw, maybe even Mistfall. Yeah, he only had VERY few close ones. With his parents dead, and no littermates, there wasn't any family that he had. The closest he had to a family was his clan and the few friends he had in it. Brackenpaw was not aware of Larkflight's little secret. He didn't know that she had ever had kits, nor a mate.

Brackenpaw felt Larkflight touch her shoulder with her tail tip. It was a small yet somewhat useful comfort. Certainly it was something strange that no one was scrambling to hurt the other at first sight. It wasn't that Brackenpaw didn't like peace, he much preferred peace over conflict anyway, but he just wasn't so used to it. His mentor's next suggestion made him think hard. Should he go try making friends? He wasn't one to really do that kind of stuff. He was a loner amongst his clan and all the clans, would that ever change? "I haven't met anyone else yet. I've thought about it, but I can't say i'm too keen on the idea", The calico apprentice said, uncertainty in his voice.
At the nervousness that was clearly evident in his voice at meeting cats in the other Clans, Larkflight felt a bit of a tug at her heart strings. Of course, she knew that it was a bit on the good side that her apprentice wasn't wanting to make connections with other Clan cats, because once the Gathering was over, the peace truce would be gone with it. At the same time, there was good in at least being friendly with cats in other Clans; in cases in the past, it helped bind certain Clans together as allies more easily, and specifically helped her in the liberation when she was able to align herself with both SkyClan and ThunderClan. Especially ThunderClan...

"If you want, I could introduce you to some apprentices I know in the other Clans, that way you don't have to do it all by yourself." Larkflight offered, looking down at Brackenpaw with a soft smile. It was completely normal for him to be like this she knew; anti-social or not, a Gathering was a lot for any new apprentice to take in. Of course, the same could be said about the first Gathering a new warrior experiences, however on a different scale. "Most cats are nice and friendly, especially those in ThunderClan particularly, and possibly WindClan. I'd stay away from ShadowClan, though," the RiverClan she-cat mused, casting a glance where a group of ShadowClan apprentices were wrestling, while one or two others looked on in anticipation. "They tend to be... a bit rough and cold." At that, Larkflight let out a laugh before rising to her paws, casting a sideways glance at her apprentice. "Would you wanna go do that?"