View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2018, 04:05 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
The apprentice was about to grumble something about an impossible task and not giving her much to work with, but she bit her tongue, knowing better than giving older cats any tongue. It wouldn't get her anywhere, even if she was right. She didn't want to sit through another lecture about respecting other cats. Cherrypaw already had other lectures to sit through. Anyways, Cherrypaw's idea wasn't that bad. At least she tried. The she-cat had invested herself in his attack and was genuinely disappointed when it didn't work. She paced in a circle a few times before she finally sat down and curled her tail around her paws. Alright. I guess it did have some flaws. By the time she'd reached Blazingcomet, she pretty much was exhausted. There was hardly any power behind her attack. Aiming for the wrong leg was just a stupid move on her part. She hadn't really been thinking that much about it. And anyways, she would've felt bad for using her mentor's disadvantage to her advantage.

"Okay, that makes sense." There was only a hint of frustration in Cherrypaw's mew. "Well then how do I take down a cat who isn't you?" Not every cat had a twisted paw. And if it weren't for the ginger tom's big disadvantage there wasn't any chance Cherrypaw would have tipped the tom over even slightly. Maybe she'd be able to get away with another apprentice, but a full grown cat with no physical disadvantages? No way was that going to happen.
The ginger tom thought for a moment on her question, before he did answer. He wanted to make sure any loose ends were wrapped up for Cherrypaw - a mentor was supposed to teach their apprentice, answer questions the apprentice may have, and make sure that one day they would be the best warrior that they could be. That was all Blazingcomet wanted for Cherrypaw, was for her to be the best that she could be. "Find any other weak spots they may have. For instance, if there's a cat who's already been fighting and has one side that's more beaten up then the other, you're going to want to aim for the injured side. If it's a leg injury, aim for the good leg." He paused for a moment, trying to put that into a perspective that would make more sense. For Cherrypaw, it must sound strange to have him tell her two different things in the same breath. What he wanted to convey was that you were more likely to be able to catch an enemy off guard if you had them try to catch themselves on an injured leg, whereas if it were an injured side, it wouldn't do you much good to aim for a good one. "Umm... well, did that make sense? Or do I need to make it simpler?" Blazingcomet asked, coming up with a new way to explain his concept just in case Cherrypaw needed it. Although he was hoping she wouldn't... it wasn't much better then the first one. He had never been the best at explaining things, which was probably why his relationship with his mate was failing - no, it had already failed. Why he was having thoughts about Petal already, all because of this one... stupid... thing. How crazy was he to think that he belonged in a relationship? Maybe he hadn't been ready to have a mate.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.