View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2017, 06:11 PM

My Mood: Lonely
Default Re: Did Thistleclaw deserve to go to the Dark Forest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
Thistleclaw is in the Dark Forest because he trained in the Dark Forest plain and simple. I don't remember much since it's been a long time since I read Bluestar's Prophecy, but despite everything else, the reason he's not in Starclan is because he defied them and trained in the Dark Forest.
As much as I see the point you are getting to, I don't see training in the Dark Forest a reason for going there. Training in the Dark Forest just means you're trained how to be merciless and kill cats easily. From my view, Thistle meant well when he tried to join them because he was looking for training that would make him grow to be the best warrior he could be for his clan. I see that as loyalty, not something that should be described as a reason for not going to StarClan. In addition, I've seen cats that trained in the Dark Forest go to StarClan.

I don't see the real reason Thistleclaw went to the Dark Forest. In my opinion, he deserves to go to StarClan, unless he doesn't want to be there. Thistle, in my perspective, 100% DID NOT tell Tigerpaw, by any means, to kill Tiny (otherwise referred to as Scourge). He told Tigerpaw to defend their territory, and Tigerpaw took it way too far. As FadingEchoes said, Thistle could have stopped him and the fact that he didn't is sort of wrong but not evil, but it's a whole different story when some cat asks you to kill a kit. It was Tigerpaw's decision, and he took it much too far but Thistleclaw isn't to be blamed for Tigerpaw's wrongdoings. When he blamed Bluefur? Well, how would you feel if someone you loved left you? Besides, it's normal when someone's not thinking straight when they're sad or something, so blaming Bluefur was completely normal. Now, calling Thistleclaw evil for that? It wasn't that he was lying. His mate left him, what did you expect him to do? Blaming Bluefur, from my view, was his only way to express his depression. Plus, Thistleclaw was showing loyalty to his mate. He loved her, so how could he not express his anger, especially on someone that hated him? I see Thistleclaw's accusations towards Bluefur, and his reaction, for that matter, normal. He was obviously devastated when his mate left their one kit alone. What type of cat could blame him for that? Every cat wants to be a good parent, and when his mate left him he was depressed. Thistleclaw cared and taught his son. Thistle would not have made a bad deputy. He was loyal to his clan and caring for some, unafraid of death if it benefited his Clan.And remember how Bluestar said he died in a fight he'd started with another Clan? Well, who decides who fights or not? Russetfur did the same, and no one ain't calling er evil or saying she should go to the Dark Forest. Bluestar hated Thistleclaw for no particular reason, which is only one of the reason I don't necessarily like her. Thistleclaw wasn't evil; I don't see why he deserved to spend his days in the Dark Forest.

Sorry for this very long rant. I wanted to get my thoughts out about when he was a warrior. I didn't do the kit stage or apprentice stage since it's already a bit long.

Don't wanna wake up one day wishing
that we'd done more

I wanna live fast and never
look back, that's what we here for

Don't wanna wake up one day wondering "where'd it all go?"
'Cause we'll be home
before we know