View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2017, 10:45 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Caliapaw looked over at the apprentice, an annoyed expression on her face. She did not appreciate being spoken to that way - it wasn't like Foxpaw had said anything nasty to her, but her tone was less then inviting. Caliapaw was already unsure about her job, but she thought a medicine cat deserved some respect. Nobody else could understand it; they might as well try to be pleasant. "Watch your tone." She mewed, not threateningly, but calmly - like she was giving Foxpaw a polite warning. This should be fun, the medicine cat thought sarcastically. Her tail twitching back and forth, she padded toward the other apprentice. Foxpaw was probably older then her, but the she cat got the feeling she hadn't matured quite as quickly. Caliapaw had almost been forced to grow up quicker, and while it hadn't been hard for her, she hadn't gotten as much experience with being just a carefree young apprentice.

Just three moons ago, she had been a kit in the nursery - about to have her apprentice ceremony. About a moon ago, she had become Wheatfur's apprentice. And now she was on her own. She examined the wounds on the other cat's body. "You probably should have come sooner." Caliapaw muttered, almost to herself but just in the hearing range of the other cat, her tail still twitching furiously as she glanced over them. Some of the wounds looked like they were healing okay - had Foxpaw rested more, they would probably be fully healed by now. As it was, they weren't quite scarring up right. At least they weren't still bleeding. Or swollen, but they weren't ready for Foxpaw to be going back to her training. Even if I'm wrong, some rest wouldn't hurt her. Like, at all. The she cat thought with a mental snort.

And then there was the shoulder wound. Zerosight had told her that it was easy to mistake a healing wound for an infected one, but for once, she was 100% sure that this was an infection. It had the scent of one, and while Zerosight had told her that sometimes scars would still be a reddish color, this was no scar. "Your shoulder is infected. What have you been doing?" The apprentice half-hissed, her eyes narrowing. Sometimes, she was glad she wasn't still a warrior apprentice. She could understand being driven, but what bothered her was being able to feel that something was wrong and continuing on anyways.

Didn't the apprentices understand? Caliapaw might have been younger then some of them, but sometimes it felt like she had twice the brains of them. Talking through the process of curing infections to herself, Caliapaw moved over toward the herb storage and grabbed some of the burdock root. Thankful that there was still some left, she carried it over towards Foxpaw and placed it beside her. "This might sting." She warned, her eyes flashing before she picked up some of the root, chewed it into a pulp, and gently began smearing it on the infected area.

The ginger feline wanted to bite back at the medicine cat's words. But she held her tongue. She knew that what she said could be used against her when it came time for her grandmother to talk about her behavior. And Foxpaw hated when Springingsky tried to give her proper behavior etiquette. In that moment, Foxpaw realized she was being rude for no reason. Caliapaw had done nothing wrong, why was she snapping at her? It's Springinsky who deserves my bad attitude. "Sorry. I'm just kinda upset with someone." Foxpaw mumbled, hoping her explanation was enough for the other she-cat.

As Caliapaw spoke once more, Foxpaw let her own eyes rake across her ginger pelt. She didn't see anything too terrible about the scratches, they were just scratches after all. All warriors had them, right? "I was patched up after the battle, but very quickly. I guess then I just forgot that I should have them thoroughly looked over." Foxpaw kept her tone even, careful not to allow herself to snap at Caliapaw again. Even in her angered state, the apprentice hated talking to cats in a tone that they did nothing to deserve. She liked being fair. "I honestly don't think I'd get anywhere if I lived in my own, my brain is too full of other things." She joked, swishing her bushy tail in amusement at her own little joke. Of course, at this stage in her life, it was natural for her to go from being rude and stand-offish the playful and kit-like.

"What have I been doing?" Foxpaw repeated her question, looking at her shoulder wound with curiosity. She had thought something was wrong with it, but never really acknowledged the fact that it could be pretty bad. "Uhh, well trying to train myself for one. My mentor isn't around much anymore." She looked up from her wound to Caliapaw, watching as the other young cat went to get something. When she came back with a weird, root looking thing, Foxpaw's ears twitched. Her orange eyes studied every detail of the plant, taking it in bit by bit. As Caliapaw began to chew up the root, Foxpaw couldn't help but grimace. She would never want a plant to be in her mouth, that was just disgusting! Foxpaw barley registered Caliapaw's statement before a quick flare of pain entered her shoulder. The apprentice winced, but stayed as still as she could, digging her claws into the ground below. "Does every herb make your wounds hurt? What's the point of them then? I thought they were supposed to make you feel better!?" Her voice was not accusing, but more upset, like she was disappointed with the plants used to heal.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.