View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2017, 11:59 AM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The backstory that Fawnskip told him surprised Obsidiansky. And, like a fool, he believed every word that she told him. Of course he was still guarding himself. Despite her attempts to get him to be more open about his feelings, to get him to fall for her, right now he was guarded. Even though the dark tom did quite like Fawnskip. She was different from the other cats who were chasing him. She was so open and free, and it was different from the messing around and sidestepping that he was used to. That kind of confidence was intriguing him, and he couldn't have known he was headed for heartbreak. "You weren't a fool," He answered after a moment. It was easy to get tricked by a few twisted words!

That was why he was careful when it came to love, because anyone could be lying. He'd been tricked before. He wouldn't be tricked again. No one knew this, and Obsidiansky would never tell anyone. Not even his closest, best friends knew his deep and dark secret. The secret of his heartbreak. The secret of the cat who had betrayed him. It was her secret too, and he would not share it. Gone though she might be, Obsidiansky held himself up to keeping his promises. She might not have, but the tom would never be like her. At the time, they had been new warriors... known each other through apprenticehood... and Wildfire had been her name. He missed her sometimes, but Obsidiansky knew that it was for the best now. She had been a liar and, she had tricked him. Tricked him into thinking what he had believed for so long and what she had smashed to the ground later on - that they could be together. And ever since then he had been careful with his heart. While that had taken him a while to get over, Obsidiansky was pretty sure he was almost ready to start a new romance. To begin again, to forget what Wildfire had done to him and the lies she had told him, and when he was ready? He would find someone that he could see himself with in the future.

Whether that be Sagewhisker, Canineheart, or even his new friend - his new crush - Fawnskip. It was unlikely; but perfectly possible. "You were young, and had a crush. He broke your heart - which is the easiest thing to break and the hardest to mend." He said after a while. At least he was no longer making a fool of himself. He was actually doing pretty good at this point, trying to be nice to Fawnskip and feeling more and more like he could open up and trust her. "So, uh... do you have any other questions?" He asked, looking up at the she cat. Right now he just wanted to get his thoughts off of Wildfire, and love, and onto another topic. Chances were she would ask him something about that. If she had romantic interest, or intentions with him, that was. Right now, the tom was desperately hoping that she didn't.

He wouldn't be able to resist her seemingly natural charm if she continued to pressure him. Right now, he was in one of the weakest - the darkest - points in his life. The only time things had been worse was when Wildfire had betrayed him, lied to him, tricked him - when he had found out, actually. That had been the lowest point of his life and somehow, somehow he had overcome it. But that darkness from that time would still come back. Once you felt flickers of darkness... it was hard to stamp them out completely. And Obsidiansky still had dangerous thoughts sometimes. Scary thoughts, thoughts that he wished he could stamp out.

Fawnskip was making him nervous right now. If she tried to find out about his past, and he decided that he couldn't keep it from her, there was a chance he could end up very badly hurt. Guard yourself. Mind closed, ears open. It was something he had lived by for the past... almost fifteen, maybe more like almost seventeen moons now. Mind closed; ears open. Basically refusing to show any vulnerability (until he knew them well) and listen to what they had to say. In an attempt to get to know them, that was. And yet, he would answer questions. Questions that he found harmless enough... or if he didn't have the willpower to resist answering them.
Fawnskip was surprised to feel warmth flood her at his response, like she was extremely grateful for Obsidiansky responding that way to her fake story. She narrowed her eyes in a happy-sad manner, exhaling in disbelief. ``Thank you, for saying that. Many others would tell me I was a fool, that I'd been insane to trust him.`` She smiled softly at Obsidiansky, appreciation displayed in her golden eyes. She was extremely proud of herself for successfully getting her story across. It seemed that Obsidiansky accepted her swiftly-made-up backstory, as Fawnskip planned for him to. It seemed luck was on her side. Or at least, if she believed in luck it would be. Fawnskip was a feline who believed luck didn't exist; she claims she makes her own luck. Fate and destiny didn't exist because cats were in control of their own actions. Fawnskip made her own future.

``I basically shared my entire backstory, the story that made me who I am today. You care to share what made you you?`` Fawnskip looked at him through curious eyes, tilting her head slightly to the side to further express her interest. Her curiosity was genuine, as she truly wanted to know why her victim was so protective of his heart. She hadn't met many toms who wanted to defend themselves against her. They always fell to her will, but Obsidiansky was different. And Fawnskip was eager to know why.

The fact that Fawnskip was competing with multiple other felines drove her to win Obsidiansky's heart. Not because she like-liked him, but because she yearned to claim him as a tom she had conquered, as a victim. Fawnskip wondered if Obsidiansky would work just as hard to win her heart as she currently was if she was able to earn his trust. Would the dark-pelted tom pad after her if he trusted her? Would he feel jealous when he sees her with other toms? Would he fight for her? This was Fawnskip's goal, to later answer each of these questions with `yes`, and she felt that she'd be answering `yes` very soon.