Thread: Removed threads
View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2018, 10:11 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: Removed threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad King View Post

Your latest thread had at least ten cats. Most of which were yours. I can take a glance at your other threads if you'd like.

You won't get in trouble for reporting. Other users won't get in trouble if there's nothing wrong with what was reported. We rarely ban users unless they've done something serious or refuse to cooperate (amount of bans this past year? Less than 3). We don't stop people from helping users (hence Site Assistance), we stop them from telling them they're breaking the rules and to do x instead. More often than naught, users a) don't know the rules well enough to be telling others what they are, b) tell the user they're "correcting" the wrong thing because they don't know the rules, and they run the risk of c) a flame war because some users become defensive and turn it into a fight where everyone involved gets in trouble.

I'm not sure you can claim it's unfair ("everyone else is doing it") while you are simultaneously refusing to report them because you "don't want to get them in trouble over a small thing".
I mean, I counted up my cats and there are like 5 or 6 of mine...but I suppose you mean the rogues that I interacted with...that won't happen again...I will try very hard not to exceed 7 cats...

But how come every time, you get a message about backseat moderating encouraging you to not moderate other people.

I'm just confused because I didn't/don't see anything wrong with my threads yet they were taken down so surely if there are other threads that did the same thing I did/did nothing wrong she also be reported? I'm just not treating others the way I wouldn't want to be treated...If you don't mind me then, I'm gonna go ahead and report a bunch of things...thanks for your input...