View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2018, 12:43 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Removed threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
Okay I get why the first two were removed (cause of the names)

But my newer threads don't break any of those rules
I counted and they have less than 7 cats (5 or 6 I think there are) I can change this though. I'm planning on killing off one, moving out one and if you mean that all the other rogues/loners I have let live there count as over 7 then I'll stop taking them in too...
They're all family
And now there is no name or ranks...

So I'm really confused

If I were to report all the threads I see then I would just have to report every single thread in the outskirts because my threads have been removed when there is nothing wrong with them so I may as well report everyone else's DS threads even though there is nothing wrong with them...then it's fair right? (Sarcasm on the rhetorical question)

Also I think report is a bit of a misunderstood word...
I always think of reporting something if it is completely inappropriate, not if it's 1 little thing and, I feel bad doing it. I don't wanna get people banned. I don't like recovering messages saying I've done something wrong and I don't think other users do either.

But the amount of times I've got messages about backseat moderation is ridiculous...I hate how it's even a thing...why can't people who aren't moderators try and help? I think it's kind of favouring users who have earned higher ranks and is unfair to normal users...I dunno just my thoughts in the way of the moment...Ignore this if you want...
Your latest thread had at least ten cats. Most of which were yours. I can take a glance at your other threads if you'd like.

You won't get in trouble for reporting. Other users won't get in trouble if there's nothing wrong with what was reported. We rarely ban users unless they've done something serious or refuse to cooperate (amount of bans this past year? Less than 3). We don't stop people from helping users (hence Site Assistance), we stop them from telling them they're breaking the rules and to do x instead. More often than naught, users a) don't know the rules well enough to be telling others what they are, b) tell the user they're "correcting" the wrong thing because they don't know the rules, and they run the risk of c) a flame war because some users become defensive and turn it into a fight where everyone involved gets in trouble.

I'm not sure you can claim it's unfair ("everyone else is doing it") while you are simultaneously refusing to report them because you "don't want to get them in trouble over a small thing".

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules

Last edited by BEAR.; January 17th, 2018 at 12:58 PM.